PDA

View Full Version : Wiring amp!

gooner
21-11-2008, 09:58 PM
just got all my cables to fit my amp and sub . Was just wondering where to pull the cable through from the battery into the actual car . I always find this the most time consuming bit of an install . If someone can let us know if there is a convenient grommit or summit it would be much appreciated thanks.

HMG1K
21-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I had the same hassle - there are really hard ways of doing it via the wheel arch liners etc, but Zaid came up trumps for me to do it the easy way.

See this thread - and photo - post #58:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29063&page=3&highlight=amp

It's a squeeze to get the cable through, I installed a 0AWG from the battery to the amp under the passenger seat and I pushed it through. It comes 'out', pushing from the engine bay into the car, just above the clutch pedal. It's the only known enry into the cabin, for me, via a grommet

Any hassles, let me know and I'll do fresh photos.

gooner
21-11-2008, 10:39 PM
cheers mate gonna give it ago 2moz if it ain't too cold . lol . Sounds a bit easier than taking off the wheel and that . will let you know how i get on with it tommorrow . fingers crossed

gooner
22-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Finished install . Mega mission . Had to take the wheel off and tread it through under the mud guards and through a hole under there knida glad i did though cos i found out i got tein coil over suspension:happy: . Only reason i new to do it that way was cos me turbo timer wires have been pulled through there . Other wise god knows . I could seem to see that bit you were on about had a good look but couldn't find it . Oh well done now . Got sold an adaptor from halfords but the way its wired was completly back to front from the way my head unit is wired and i blew the stereo fuse thats near the steering wheel . Anyway me and my mate said we would just take another unimportant one just to get it all working , so we took the interior light one from under the bonnet and put that in . Rewired everything and it was still dead . Checked everything again cos the dashboard lights had gone off and so had the clock , after alot of delibarating we decided to put the interior light fuse back in and roberts your fathers brother everything worked . What a palarva . Well its done now . Just to fit my alpine woofers in door cards and parcel shelf and thats about it . :happy

HMG1K
22-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice one! Glad it worked !!

Fully
23-11-2008, 12:34 AM
I would of put it through the cable protector box, Instead of leaving sitting on top of it like that. :)

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27626