PDA

View Full Version : Viewing CVR member's cars

Ryan
22-11-2008, 09:27 AM
If certain members have more than picture... instead of having to click the picture you're viewing to close it, is it possible to bring up one picture (obviously the one user selects) in focus and display thumbnails of the others along side?

SGHOM
22-11-2008, 09:31 AM
you lazy sod !! /pan /pan :iloveyou:

I added the smilie, so I dont get banned by ken

Ryan
22-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I did think about that after I posted... I went back and then was like click... close, select new image... hmm... it's not sooo bad after all :p

OnBoost!
23-11-2008, 09:08 AM
You mean like on trademe?

Ryan
23-11-2008, 09:44 PM
You mean like on trademe?

Yup, exactly :)

OnBoost!
24-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Yeah that would be great! :D

Turbo_Steve
24-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Also, it would be really cool if you could actually Search these, both by username (easy) and/or by spec (harder).
For example, have a look at LancerRegister, which at least lets you filter the cars by model.

But if you wanted to be really ambitious, having a "model database" would be awesome. So when you submit your car, it has tickboxes for "Sunroof, Moonroof, MMCS, Tip, Manual, heated seats, side airbags, tan leather, CD Player, Facelift bodyparts, suns strip, carbon dash etc etc etc.

The natural progression from THAT (and this is probably over ambitious) would be to have people submit (privately) their number plate and chassis number etc. so that a complete history can be built up of cars...though I think that's probably more effort than it's worth.

It's a great function, but an absoloute PITA to browse, and not very easy to search last time I checked.