PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Lash Adjusters (Group Buy?)

Confused
22-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Evening all,

A request from SWMBO (mesobitchy) who can't be bothered to log in to post this herself! ;) *ducks to avoid flying coushins*

Her V6-24 is tapping like a goodun, to the point some people have said "is that a diesel?" :( /Grrr

Since she's heard my new V6 with it's silky-smooth, non-tapping V6 purrr, and I've told her under no uncertain terms she CAN'T have my engine *erects anti-coushin defences* she's bugging me to find a set of lash adjusters before she goes all emo due to the taps! /lol

So... is there anyone else who's needing/wanting some lash adjusters to return their Galants to their original silky smoothness...?

Any takers... please for a group buy? If someone else can/wants to organise... great, otherwise I'll look into it myself to try to sort out a group buy...

It'll help save my wallet from the constant nagging (I don't really want to have to take a trip to a local Mitsi dealer to get rid of that damn annoying noise.... and the tapping from the engine, too!) /haz

Garry
Signing out... quite possibly my last post here depending on her mood when she reads this post... :iloveyou:

Currently Interested Members

Confused
busa paul

Davezj
23-11-2008, 12:28 AM
There was a group buy some time ago. maybe you could search for that and get them from the same place. i fitted a set of these to my car and all is well.
they got them for £140 a set.

Kieran
23-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Gary - What's the service history like on MesoPsycho's car? If it's just had the standard 9K intervals it might be worth getting some dedicated flushing oil and using that before you shell out on tappets. Also an oil and filter at 5k (And Semi will do for the V6 if you like) goes a long way to keeping them sweet. I used to do that with my V6 - Halfway between each dealer service I'd just do that and it kept everything happy :)

Confused
23-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I think it has just had the standard 9k intervals.

We've stuck an engine flush in it already, and then did an oil and filter change (using semi-synthetic 10w40) and it's made no difference, it's still tapping like a goodun, even with fresh oil. Oil levels are still perfectly fine (obviously we check them regularly). We've even taken the front rocker cover off and it's getting plenty of oil up there, so it's not being starved of oil.

The car has done 154k miles now too, so it's getting on a bit for the original lash adjusters! ;)

Davezj, thanks for that info, will do a search and see what I can dig up :) If I can get them for roughly that price that'll be better than the £9.50+VAT each that I've been quoted so far!

Davezj
23-11-2008, 06:00 PM
mitsi will set you back £23 each for a VR4 tappet.

busa paul
23-11-2008, 07:36 PM
count me in for a set

if it helps the house hold charity pot it cant be bad

Confused
24-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Have started a list in the first post which I'll keep updated with any interested parties :)

Not yet dug up the info on the previous group buy, but will do soon.

mesobitchy
24-11-2008, 10:15 AM
heh itsto keep me shuted up for at least 5 mins an to save poor Garry from the endless sleepless nights just so he can keep an eye on me an his car with out the fear of his engine going walkies in the darkest points of the night /lol