PDA

View Full Version : Idea of servicing costs for a V6-24V

HMG1K
25-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I want to get an idea of dealer servicing costs for my Galant V6-24V as it's ready for its annual service after racking up a staggering ( :speechles ) 4,500 miles in 12 months.

It'll be 'London' rates - looking at using Humming Bird in north London, SGT in Berkshire or SMC at Heathrow - but I wanted an idea before I try to get the price down.

The car's done 54k miles - its last service was a 'major' with belts and water pump, so I'm guessing this will be an oil & filter and the once over. It'll also have its MOT.

This will be the last time I'll be getting it dealer serviced as come Christmas Eve it's 12 month warranty will be up but I'll still have 4 months to run on its 6 year Colt anti-perforation warranty - after this time I'm off to Eurospec for servicing! :scholar:

Thanks in advance. :happy:

Zaid
25-11-2008, 06:26 PM
I cant remember the exact numbers, my minor services where anywhere between 120 - 180 pounds. Here in South Wales, I found that there where big differences in prices between the local Mitsi dealers.

Johnny_Cashed
25-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Last time I had my Galant serviced and MOTd it came to £100 all in (I supplied the filter and oil though). Wasn't at a main dealer but it was recommended by Elnevio and they seem to have done a good job.

HMG1K
26-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Cool - thanks folks...

Doing a 'Mitsubishi' service at SMC Heathrow for £190 including VAT and MOT (infact may be a few pennies cheaper as I'm having done on the 8th so it'll be at 15% VAT :scholar: )

They offered me a non-Mitsubishi service for £99 - but thought I'd go for the official one as it had more checks on it etc.

HMG1K
12-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Updating this thread - I've taken Pyrenees in for her annual service, a 9k one despite having done just 4k in a year, to SMC Heathrow.

The car failed it's MOT on a seized front brake calliper - and it needs discs all round, 3 hours labour - total bill.... just over £900 including VAT! /wall

The dealer was adament that calipers are not a warranty item under my AutoSure cover. Ok, so we start negotiating. Price falls to £801, all in. But he's quoted now £801 for 4 brake discs when the £801 price is for 2 - but he'll give me four discs for that price. :scholar: I negotiate further! I manage to get 15% off the hourly labour rate of £85 per hour and 10% off all parts. :scholar:

So we are down to around £700-odd. I ask for clarity again on the caliper and warrany. Nope, dealer is adament it is not covered.

Quick call to AutoSure and a flick through it's handbook and BINGO! Brake calipers are covered - so that will be around £400 OFF my bill! :pimp2:

Must say the Premier AutoSure warranty the supplying dealer gave me for 12 months will have saved me £700 or so - after my rear window motor broke and needed replacing a few months ago!

bradc
12-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Good result ;) I reckon you could have argued that the stuck caliper contributed to the required disc replacement and you should get those for free :)

HMG1K
12-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I am officially missing my car! :baby:

Had a call through from the dealer - my caliper is on big back order so looking at around 14 days til they get the part... So I'm stuck with a Suzuki Splash til then. /Grrr

HMG1K
24-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Yey! Got my car back today - a week ahead of schedule with its 9k service, MOT, offside front brake caliper under warranty, new brake discs and pads all round.

Just being nosy - but I noticed these two items on my invoice and wondered if anyone's got more details on what they are /do. They are:

MXR315875 - WSE Air Freshener AS - £24.09 each
MSP029956 - MAP Cards (PK10) - £127.66 each (I was charged £13.99)

Thanks

g6acb
24-12-2008, 01:32 AM
WSE Air Freshener is also known as a pollen filter - sits in the air con unit behind the glove box

HMG1K
24-12-2008, 08:55 AM
WSE Air Freshener is also known as a pollen filter - sits in the air con unit behind the glove box

Thank you! I was expecting a scented pine tree!

Cool, so I have that in my boot - I replaced mine in the summer, so seeings that it was part of the service and I was payiing for it anyway, i told them to put the part in the boot.

HMG1K
27-12-2008, 08:20 PM
BUMP!!!!

From post #8 - anyone know what these are please?

MSP029956 - MAP Cards (PK10) - £127.66 each (I was charged £13.99)

g6acb
27-12-2008, 08:39 PM
the only thing I can think of is Mitsubishi Assistance Package - Its Mitsubishi's version of the AA and comes with a blue / grey card.....

.... but I haven't got a scooby why they are charging you for it if you don't know about it?? I have been given it for free from Mitsu garages before ???

HMG1K
27-12-2008, 09:01 PM
the only thing I can think of is Mitsubishi Assistance Package - Its Mitsubishi's version of the AA and comes with a blue / grey card.....

.... but I haven't got a scooby why they are charging you for it if you don't know about it?? I have been given it for free from Mitsu garages before ???

You're da man!!!! :afro:

That's the one - it's the year's Mitsubishi breakdown cover I bought! It threw me as it said it was a pack of 10 and I was charged for one!

I was a spanner for not realising earlier /pan

Thank you! :iloveyou:

g6acb
27-12-2008, 09:22 PM
I've been given it with a service before - but only for 6 months / 6000 miles - at 13 squids its a lot cheaper than AA et al

Never had to use it though so don't know if its any good

HMG1K
27-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I've been given it with a service before - but only for 6 months / 6000 miles - at 13 squids its a lot cheaper than AA et al

Never had to use it though so don't know if its any good

It's £14 for the year - fully loaded with home start and onward travel etc. The £14 is if you have your car serviced at a dealer and is valid for 12 months or your next service, which ever comes sooner.

Details here - http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36277

I did try ringing them on Boxing Day afternoon to come and give the battery / charging system the once over at home after I got a jump start home, but waiting 15 minutes of hearing "your call is important to us, please hold" I hung up!