PDA

View Full Version : lowering a vr4

thekingsta
29-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Whats the best way to lower a Legnum VR4 without having it bounce all the time? I've been in a vr that had adjustables but that bounced hard out. Not sure on the standard suspension set up but if i had the struts or shocks shortened would that lower the car without affecting ride stiffness.

Fully
30-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Stiffer shocks/adjustables (go for a good quailty brand - tein) and some lowering springs will do the job. If you like the stiffness in your shocks just go for the springs.

Subaru ETA
30-11-2008, 07:24 AM
i have king springs on standard shocks in mine and it doesnt bounce.

my old legnum had tein adjustable coilovers and that didnt bouce either.

its all about how you set it up

thekingsta
30-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Mean shot fellas. Thanks for the help. Is it possible to soften the suspension so that the car soaks up the bumps, I stay on the shore and the roads are **** there Bumpy as. Maybe the wife is just Paranoid about the car bouncing because we have a 3wk old baby in the back. Or maybe its just the **** roads.

thekingsta
30-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Mean shot fellas. Thanks for the help. Is it possible to soften the suspension so that the car soaks up the bumps, I stay on the shore and the roads are crap there Bumpy as. Maybe the wife is just Paranoid about the car bouncing because we have a 3wk old baby in the back. Or maybe its just the crap roads.

Subaru ETA
01-12-2008, 06:03 AM
if you go the whole hog you can fit some adjustables and set the dampning to soft