PDA

View Full Version : MOMO steering wheel for a swiss galant wanted!

Totti
27-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi there

I'm a swiss owner of Mitsubishi Galant V6 Estate (unfortunately the VR4 isn't available in Switzerland) and I'm seachring for a MOMO Steering Wheel (with Airbag of course :D ). I'm not sure, it the MOMO wheel from "right-driver" fits on a left-driver Galant, but I want to try it. Do you know, where I can find such a wheel to buy?? Preferably this one with the black and red leather (like the newer VR4s).

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my English.. ;) )

Simon

Nick Mann
27-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the club! I have one of those wheels, but it's attatched to my car! Not sure how much or where you can get them from.

You can see mine in the members cars section (click club vr4, between resources and events above). I would have thought that the fitting is the same, but you never know. One problem could be cruise control - My VR4 doesn't have it but my V6 did. Would you miss it if you didn't have it?

Totti
27-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I've seen your VR4! Nice car! The Galant V6 in UK have had also MOMO steerings, right? Just without the red leather, but that wouldn't matter. The cruise control is a pleasure and I would really miss it. Swiss are lazy :-D
The thing is, that the original steering wheels are as big as a truck steering..

Nick Mann
27-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks! It's for sale if you want to buy it! See a few threads below this in the For Sale section! My V6 was not a 'Sport' model, which I guess in the UK would be the one with the Momo wheel. It may be possible to get it with cruise control - I'm not sure.

My boss is Swiss (From somewhere near Basel) and he would have kittens if he heard you say the Swiss are lazy!! :-D

Totti
27-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Just in driving a car ;) Not at work, of course :D It would be a dream for me to get an original VR4. Problem is - the "right-driver" and also the swiss police. They never love something, that isn't normal....