PDA

View Full Version : Test not quite drive

fluffnik
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Went to test drive the potential Legnum today, but the battery was flat. /Grrr

Haven't seen the paperwork either. /Grrr

The car seemed entirely sound and well cared for but it's hard to tell when you can't start it let alone drive it...

It's fitted with blue tweedy and black/grey suede Recaros though the interior is mainly light/dark grey velour - I guess they're not original.

The tailgate lock was playing up too, it would lock but not latch - could that be down to the flat battery?

It's fitted with good 215/45 ZR 17 tyres on wheels that look quite like the standard 16"s.

Not at all impressed by the sellers setup, but the car certainly has presence. :pimp2:

I'm going back to get a proper look at it but probably not before the weekend...

I think the bug has bitten. :d

RobboVR4
01-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Went to test drive the potential Legnum today, but the battery was flat. /Grrr

Haven't seen the paperwork either. /Grrr

The car seemed entirely sound and well cared for but it's hard to tell when you can't start it let alone drive it...

It's fitted with blue tweedy and black/grey suede Recaros though the interior is mainly light/dark grey velour - I guess they're not original.

The tailgate lock was playing up too, it would lock but not latch - could that be down to the flat battery?

It's fitted with good 215/45 ZR 17 tyres on wheels that look quite like the standard 16"s.

Not at all impressed by the sellers setup, but the car certainly has presence. :pimp2:

I'm going back to get a proper look at it but probably not before the weekend...

I think the bug has bitten. :d

I had the simular problem when i test drove one last Friday but they found a new Battery and was away, still was slightly embarassing when id broken down just outside a school. When you do test drive one, you wont be disappointed :thumbsup: .

elnevio
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Unsurprising time of year for flat batteries, sudden cold and all that. Especially if it's a 'warm-area' car and still has the original teeny Jap battery!

The seats sound like retrofitted Recaros from a UK V6 (Sport or something - no doubt someone will correct me on this!). And I have those size tyres on my 17"s, but they should really be 225/45/17 or 205/50/17 all round. Just make sure that you have the same size tyres on all the wheels. I will be changing to the 225 fitment once all my tyres are worn to a low level at the same time.

Any pics (or was tha a different thread that I've forgotten about?!)?

fluffnik
01-12-2008, 06:45 PM
When you do test drive one, you wont be disappointed :thumbsup: .

It's the when that's the pain...

fluffnik
01-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Unsurprising time of year for flat batteries, sudden cold and all that. Especially if it's a 'warm-area' car and still has the original teeny Jap battery!

It's apparently been sitting for a couple of weeks.

The seats sound like retrofitted Recaros from a UK V6 (Sport or something - no doubt someone will correct me on this!).

They're nice seats, though the fore-aft adjuster on the driver's is a bit fubar - a bargaining point.

The bottom centre piece of the front spoiler is off, but allegedly extant - broken clips; fixable?

And I have those size tyres on my 17"s, but they should really be 225/45/17 or 205/50/17 all round. Just make sure that you have the same size tyres on all the wheels. I will be changing to the 225 fitment once all my tyres are worn to a low level at the same time.

All the same size, and near new - over-reading speedos R us...

Any pics (or was tha a different thread that I've forgotten about?!)?

'fraid not, the Autotrader ad has expired.

It's a nice metallic blue, registered YIL 6066 if anyone knows it.

fluffnik
01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Dragged some thumbnails from my cache. :happy:

Here. (http://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq329/fluffnik/leggy_thumbs/)

elnevio
01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
The bottom centre piece of the front spoiler is off, but allegedly extant - broken clips; fixable?
Yeah, you can get them in the right colour for about £40. If yours still exists, then a couple of cable ties will probably do the trick!

All the same size, and near new - over-reading speedos R us...
Not to worry, I find that at an indicated 70, I'm actually doing 67 (according to GPS on sat nav), so with the correct fitment, the speedo will probably be just about bang on! Whereas most UK cars generally will do about 67 when reading 70 (of the cars I've driven).

It's a nice metallic blue, registered YIL 6066 if anyone knows it.
Nice colour! Looks like the original meister blue, possibly!

RobboVR4
01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
It's the when that's the pain...

lol ive been waiting 3 months as ive been stuck down the Falklands. But its worth the wait. Like the look of the one ur after those front seats look mint.

fluffnik
01-12-2008, 07:43 PM
lol ive been waiting 3 months as ive been stuck down the Falklands.

Bummer! You'll miss the summer... ;)

But its worth the wait. Like the look of the one ur after those front seats look mint.

It looks great - just hope it works properly. :inquisiti

fluffnik
01-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah, you can get them in the right colour for about £40. If yours still exists, then a couple of cable ties will probably do the trick!

That's good to know - especially if the vendor doesn't...

Not to worry, I find that at an indicated 70, I'm actually doing 67 (according to GPS on sat nav), so with the correct fitment, the speedo will probably be just about bang on! Whereas most UK cars generally will do about 67 when reading 70 (of the cars I've driven).

That's also good to know. :)

Nice colour! Looks like the original meister blue, possibly!

It looks brilliant, I just hope it goes as well.

RobboVR4
01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Bummer! You'll miss the summer... ;)

It looks great - just hope it works properly. :inquisiti

I missed half the summer here then went into a winter then just as it gets really sunny down there i am sent back into a winter, it feels like ive done 8 seasons this year lol. I hope its in good nick for u mate, i am going back sometime this week test drive another legnum hes got.

Johnny_Cashed
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
And I have those size tyres on my 17"s, but they should really be 225/45/17 or 205/50/17 all round.

On the Sport spec 17" wheels 215/45/17 is the recommended tyre

valleyforge1
02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
2.0 sport and my are 215/45/17.