PDA

View Full Version : sign into member area

pitslayer
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
why on any of the pcs i used that arent my own, i have to resign into the members area, quite annoying
sign into site, view some posts, reply to some posts, then head over to members area, and get rulesand agreements, then have to re-sign in...yet if i have 2 tabsof cvr4 open i still remained signed in, on the normal forum....

also if anyone knows why when i press space bar on this computer every few seconds it scrolls the screen upwards, that would also help/lol

HMG1K
02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Anything to do with cookies perhaps?

When you log in there's that 'tick box to remember me' option.

Opening a second or third (etc) tab in your browser is a continuation of your current session, not a new one, that's how it remembers you.

No idea on the space bar though! :inquisiti :happy:

Kieran
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
I think Philips on the money here. Try the 'Remember Me' setting. Also it depends on the other PCs - Are they work PCs or something? If they are I'm wondering if cookie handling is Policied out.

pitslayer
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
i always click remember me

Kieran
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't understand why it's just the member's area though - If it's kicking you out, you'd have to sign in for all areas - It doesn't discriminate between a member/non-member in that way.

Okay, well let's think about this... So, you sign in as usual, and you can browse posts okay, right? So if in the same window (before you've opened up any others), if you sign in and then immediately go to the members forum, what happens?

pitslayer
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
get signed out. i can browse every other forum, untill i get to members area then it asks me to sign back in again.
yes they are works pc, but i am the most techinally minded person here when it comes to them, so there not blocking anything that i know off

Kieran
02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
get signed out. i can browse every other forum, untill i get to members area then it asks me to sign back in again.
yes they are works pc, but i am the most techinally minded person here when it comes to them, so there not blocking anything that i know off

Very strange.

So, what happens if you click this link? Do you get asked to sign in again?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19

pitslayer
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
not on this pc im on now and i havnt clicked remember me either

Kieran
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
not on this pc im on now and i havnt clicked remember me either

So you're still on the 'Problem' PC then?

pitslayer
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
its 3 pcs out of 4 in work that do it, 3 machines identical one brand new

Kieran
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
So.... Are you on one of the 'Problem' PCs at the moment..........?

Turbo_Steve
02-12-2008, 10:06 PM
It's your proxies cookie handling. Ours do it fairly often. Do a CTRL+F5 to force pulling the script down again, if not, raise a change and flush the proxy cache.

pitslayer
02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
that means nothing to me

ANTHONY
02-12-2008, 10:41 PM
i always click remember meperhaps the site is trying to tell you something /pan ..........................................sorry kyle love you really

elnevio
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
that means nothing to me
All together now everybody....

(dum dum dum dum .... dum ... dum (and repeat))

Mama ... Just killed a man ... Put a gun against his head ... (and so on)

Kieran
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
that means nothing to me

Do this bit with a browser window open:

Do a CTRL+F5 to force pulling the script down again

Turbo_Steve
02-12-2008, 10:53 PM
?? Thought you were IT?

Your work proxy server (i.e the one the internet access goes through) is likely cacheing most of the scripts from CVR4. As such, if one is corrupt in the Cache, all sorts of weirdness with Cookie handling can occur.

By pressing CTRL and refresh in your browser, most proxies will accept this as a request to pull the whole page direct from source.

If that doesn't work, having whoever owns the proxy flush it's cache will enforce the whole site being pulled down again, and every other site as well.

Alternatively, the cached copy should age and be refreshed anyway.