PDA

View Full Version : Hi res dials

nick-f1
27-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know if there is a fuse somewhere other than the fuse box that controls the fuel/temp gauge lights? On my Legnum the fuel and temp needles fail to light up, on checking the sevice printouts I have for the car, it has been into the dealers to have this done twice in the past. And both times they have charged for a 40 pence fuse as well as the labour, although the 2nd time it seems they replaced a circuit board as well. Can anyone shed any light on this please.
Nick

Darren
27-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Not really the answer you are looking for, but upto now, all my electrical faults have been down to 1 thing the people who did my SVA test preparation and toad alarm installation. I've spent the last week working out and fixing 2 of them (Traction control switch and parking sensors) and once I traced it through it was always something drawing current or incorrectly connected. I would check the simple stuff first. I think the fuse box you are looking for is behind the coin holder near your right knee. I'm still looking for an eletrical manual for the car as the one I have mainly covers serviceble items.

nick-f1
28-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks Darren, the fuse boxes interior and under bonnet were the first things i checked, but was just hoping perhaps there was an inline fuse behind the dash or something. Just my luck these things are rarely simple to fix!

Nick