PDA

View Full Version : learn mode??how long??

alps vr4
04-12-2008, 07:26 PM
hello i think my gearbox is in learn mode as recently had battery disconnected, and their is an engine and tcl lights come on once the engine warms up!
How long should this take??should i drive in triptonic mode to teach??
:inquisiti :thinking:

Kieran
04-12-2008, 07:34 PM
No - Leave it in 'D'. It normally settles down to an acceptable level within about 10 minutes of driving, though it can take up to 50+ miles to fully sort itself out.

However - this is not related to the problem with your Engine and TCL light! That is a very common problem. Do a search for 'TCL' or similar - it's a very common thing. :)

VR4WGN
04-12-2008, 07:40 PM
No - Leave it in 'D'. It normally settles down to an acceptable level within about 10 minutes of driving, though it can take up to 50+ miles to fully sort itself out.

However - this is not related to the problem with your Engine and TCL light! That is a very common problem. Do a search for 'TCL' or similar - it's a very common thing. :)

hi kieran,please can you help me,see my forum on the 3rd gear lock,i want to give the car back to its owner but not til i fix the prob,,please

alps vr4
04-12-2008, 07:44 PM
thats nothing to do with my thread!!!

elnevio
04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
thats nothing to do with my thread!!!
Must be his learn mode! :p

Yep, search away for 'TCL OFF' and 'engine light' - should help you.

As for learn mode - I've found there as no discernible difference on mine after a reset, but plenty of people report a noticeable lumpiness to the changes to begin with.

VR4WGN
04-12-2008, 07:53 PM
[shoot me,if its a crime,its not harming you in anyway is it??,stop being pedantic

alps vr4
04-12-2008, 09:09 PM
i don't mind shareing! don't know meaning of pedantic but i'll try to stop!!
think i've solved my prob with pushing pipes and plugs took out for run a to get some beers took the very long route and no lights on!great problem sovled!!

Kieran
04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
[shoot me,if its a crime,its not harming you in anyway is it??,stop being pedantic

Yeah mate, but it is off topic -AND you PMed me about it anyway! /pan

peter thomson
04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
think i've solved my prob with pushing pipes and plugs took out for run a to get some beers took the very long route and no lights on!great problem sovled!!

Great sounds like an easy fix in the end

alps vr4
04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
two easy fixes in the same amount of weeks!!hopefully got a good car!!
:evilgrin:

VR4WGN
04-12-2008, 09:32 PM
thanx man,im sorry for anything i may have done,i dont men any arm at all,i will do my best to refrain from doing this in the future,my apologies,and thanx