PDA

View Full Version : Hello...newbie..all going well.

ANdyGC
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Totally new to Legnums. Only had one petrol turbo car before...skyline GTS-T.

Plan is to buy either:

Bog stock as low mile as possible VR4 with MANUAL gearbox or,

Consider a manual VR4 that has been 'modded' but I'm guessing I wont be able to get a modded Legnum the same age as a low mileage stocker? ? ?

I've been clicking and reading various pages and articles on here....very impressive. Impressed so much I'm now paid up member even without buying the car!!!!!

Is there a list of trusted or not-trusted go faster parts suppliers?

Found RSpec.co.uk website while looking for recirculating BOV's...looks good but I have no knowledge or experience about this seller or parts they're selling.

Is there a cross-compatable parts list on the forum? I seem to have the perfect 'knack' to kill search engines.

I've read that some Evo bits fit legnums.

Also is there a DIY service manual for the VR4?

Thanks and apologies for the future dumb-arse questions I will probably ask.

Andy.

WildCards
05-12-2008, 01:14 PM
www.camskill.co.uk do some parts and are quite good for service items. A few japanese websites used to do a fair selection of parts and ship to the UK, i'm not sure whether that's still the case though. Eurospec 2000 darn sarf supply and fit alot of stuff, they'll source kit for you too I think and tickle with your ECU.

ANdyGC
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Cheers fella

The Vee
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the site. Thge sort of car you're looking for does turn up once in a while, just need to keep checking for sale, ebay, etc etc.Some have had a lot of success importing from Japan.

TAR
05-12-2008, 02:47 PM
/Welcome

There isn't a service manual in english ....yet, do a search and there is a thread about getting a jap one translated.

There also isn't a particular document which cross references parts, but just ask if you need to know anything, there is a wealth of knowledge available from members. :scholar:

and advance apologies for some of the dumb-arse replies you might get to your posts /pan

:happy:

ANdyGC
05-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I've had a mooch at some jap sites re bits but I cant seem to get the yen to gbp£ right...everything is working out at £400+

TAR
05-12-2008, 03:06 PM
http://www.xe.com is a good currency conversion site.

:happy:

AncientOfMu
05-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I've had a mooch at some jap sites re bits but I cant seem to get the yen to gbp£ right...everything is working out at £400+

with the exchange rate as it is evrything prolly is 400 quid plus :P

richy rich
05-12-2008, 03:47 PM
/Welcome