PDA

View Full Version : Leaking shocks?

thekingsta
08-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi has any1 used low or super low springs to lower their legnums? if so has any1 experienced leaking shocks after the springs were installed(i dont mean straight away but after a couple of months).

/help Im wanting to lower my leggy but im wondering if I will have to look at doing the shocks as well.

I would love to get adjustables but i dont have the cash to pay for them and a lvv cert.

bradc
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I've got lowering springs in mine but they are a good japanese brand with stiff spring rates, not some junk like kings that aren't really designed to improve handling, just lower the car.

I have had them on for about 30,000km over 3 years and haven't had a problem with my shocks

Gly
08-12-2008, 08:25 AM
TBH if the cars done over 100thou km the shocks are probabilly tired anyway,

lowering the car will cause your shocks to fail early if not done right,

when you lower the car on just springs, you will lower the travel of the shocks as well, and you will be more likely to extend them past what they should do and damage the internals

to get around this you would need to have the shocks shortened, but its not worth doing on a set of old shocks,

new shocks approx $500
new lowering springs $400

new coil-overs, $1200-2000

cert $350....
you have to have this with adjustibles, and if you go lower than 100mm regardless of fixed height springs,