PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2002 Mitsubishi Galant 2.5 V6 Elegance - £1950

evv
08-12-2008, 09:53 PM
On Ebay again.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110323435901

Its got to go.
Cheers.
Evv

Beastlee
29-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Heidi is due to give her Mini back in February and we've been looking for a replacement run-around. She prefers the saloon to my Legnum and has taken a liking to your car. I too like the look of it and it ticks most of the boxes, there are a couple of questions I have if it's still for sale. Some of the knowledgeable members may be able to answer some of the answers.
1a. Are the seats heated?
1b. Are the seats electric?
2a. When was the timing belt last done?
2b. When was the gearbox oil last changed?
2c. Did the service get done you mention in the first thread?

I'm buying blind right now as I'd have to fly over from Germany and get transport to you to even see it so I would like to see more pics of I can. I can't think of much else right now but suffice to say we're interested in it if all seems OK.

HMG1K
29-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Some of the knowledgeable members may be able to answer some of the answers.

No (unless evv's done an after market conversion). Heated seats stopped with the pre-facelift V6-24V model and this wasn't carried over to the facelift V6 Sport or V6 Elegance models /Grrr

As above's answer to 1a. Again, /Grrr as I don't know why Mitsubishi pulled this pre-facelift feature when the facelift V6 Sport and V6 Elegance models came.

Beastlee
29-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks, not an issue but would have been nice.

Have just looked at the pics of your car, is the cruise standard on them too?

HMG1K
30-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks, not an issue but would have been nice.

Have just looked at the pics of your car, is the cruise standard on them too?

You're welcome! :happy:

Cruise control was a Dealer Fitted Option on the facelifts at the point of buying new. I spec'd cruise for mine when I bought it used at a Mitsubishi dealer. It was the same with the rear parking sensors, a DFO originally and I paid to have them fitted and colour coded when I bought the car.

The extra in kit you get in a 2.5 Elegance (like evv's) over the 2.4 GDI Equipe and 2.0 Classic are:

* SRS side air bags
* Leather seats (always in charcoal gray with light grey stitching)
* Air con with climate control and pollen filter (as opposed to manual air con)

Aside from these, the earlier facelift V6 Sports had sunroofs as standard (going by the Jan 2000 brochure) with cloth seats. You can find them with 'Elegance' leather but they are rare. The sumptious leather seats in black or beige went out with the pre-facelifts.

I'm sure if I've missed anything, someone can put me right. :inquisiti :scholar:

evv
30-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Heidi is due to give her Mini back in February and we've been looking for a replacement run-around. She prefers the saloon to my Legnum and has taken a liking to your car. I too like the look of it and it ticks most of the boxes, there are a couple of questions I have if it's still for sale. Some of the knowledgeable members may be able to answer some of the answers.
2a. When was the timing belt last done?
2b. When was the gearbox oil last changed?
2c. Did the service get done you mention in the first thread?

I'm buying blind right now as I'd have to fly over from Germany and get transport to you to even see it so I would like to see more pics of I can. I can't think of much else right now but suffice to say we're interested in it if all seems OK.

hi all,
thanks for your questions.
as already answered - the seats are not heated or electric.
timing belt was done at 60000 so will probably need doing again.
gearbox oil was changed in November 2007 when it was last serviced.
the new service has not been done due to me dropping the price from 2450.
i have had an offer this morning of £1600 and as i have been made redundant i am considering it so if you'd like to make an offer please do so asap.
hope you all had a nice xmas.
regards
lee

Beastlee
30-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Evv, sorry but given it needs a full service inc. the belt I'd have to pass. It would be immediately driven all the way back into Germany and despite it being a good price the servicing here works out very expensive given the exchange rate.
Sorry to hear of your situation I hope things pick up for you soon.

Regards
Lee

evv
30-12-2008, 02:19 PM
no problem at all lee - i totally understand.
hope you find one anyway.
best wishes.
lee