PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tow bar required for 2002 vr4 estate

The Driver
30-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know if, or where you can buy a tow bar for a 2002 VR4 estate. Apparently theres not such a thing because of the design of the chassis (so say Mitsubishi). Although i do have one on a 1996 Legnum, but it won,t fit because of the difference in the size of the rear skirts.

enigma
30-03-2004, 06:57 PM
I have one on my 1999 Legnum so see no reason why it wont fit!

ritch_w
30-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know if, or where you can buy a tow bar for a 2002 VR4 estate. Apparently theres not such a thing because of the design of the chassis (so say Mitsubishi). Although i do have one on a 1996 Legnum, but it won,t fit because of the difference in the size of the rear skirts.

Ive got a towbar which ive never fitted, it was 6months old when i got it and its been lying in my garage for a year or so.

I have the saloon - i havent been able to find any noticable physical differences between the saloon & estate towbars other than part numbers!

let me know if you are interested

Bagofsand
01-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Just had a witter tow bar fitted. The one from the standard galant estate is fine, it will need two notches in the right hand bar that fits into the chassis as it has to clear the captive nuts in there for thr AYC pump fixing. The rear valance will also have a small notch cut out. Hope this helps. :D

Iain

Tim Jones
13-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I Have Contacted A Towbar Company Today Who Have Told Me That They Cannot Supply Me With A Witter Towbar To My Vr4 Estate (2001 51 Reg. Uk Model) As No Company Makes Any Towbars To Fit A Vr4 Which Is Very Disapointing To Hear As I Don't Want To Sell My Vr4 Yet A While . Now That I Have Seen Your Useful Advise On The 'bagofsand' Post I Will See If This Towbar Company Are Prepared To Help Out. Thanks For The Info.

Regards

Tim Jones

Confused
13-05-2009, 10:43 PM
This has to be a record?

Bumping a thread who's last reply was....

5 years, 1 month and 12 days ago

AND by a newly registered member, too!

Nick Mann
13-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Heh!

Hello and welcome Tim! Are you always this random? :D I can see we'll have to keep an eye on you! ;)

elnevio
14-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Brilliant!

Rather than a 'I need help' post, it was a 'Thanks for the info' post.

Search was his friend!

Good luck Tim! :thumbsup: