PDA

View Full Version : proud new legnum lover

jackerthanjack
16-12-2008, 11:56 PM
hey everybody, my name is bomber ive recently purchased a legnum and i love it but im like a small boy iv got so many questions. Im goin through the process of modification at the mo. recently got the bad boy de-cated, and now i want a few more things. my questions start with what is the best type of BOV for the legnums people say different things and well i couldnt think of no better place than to ask to the mr and mrs miagys of vr4's. Ive been lookin at the Greddy type s bov and the HKS sqv any ideas guys ?

ianturbo
17-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Did you use to be in Aufvedesan pet ?? that is spelt wrong i know !!
ian

miller
17-12-2008, 12:07 AM
hey! Welcome aboard CVR4..

How much dollar you looking to spend? i have a Nomad style VTA from Amber Performance for around £80 notes

Any pics of your pride and joy for us to looksie?

Mike

jackerthanjack
17-12-2008, 12:07 AM
did i used to b where

jackerthanjack
17-12-2008, 12:09 AM
na no pics as such gonna take some pics tomorrow. give u a proper introduction to my baby lol. Right call me stupid is that a blow off valve is it lol

Davezj
17-12-2008, 12:11 AM
i got it!

bomber he used to a wrestle (west country accent) before "Aufwedesan PET"

EDIT:-
welcome to the club

miller
17-12-2008, 12:14 AM
yup BOV = VTA

Vent To Atmosphere!

Mike

jackerthanjack
17-12-2008, 12:15 AM
awwww wey aye man i get it lol durrrrrr and cheers i read that the club is goin to be at castlecomb for Japfest. im goin aswell so it is always nice to put faces to profiles.

jackerthanjack
17-12-2008, 12:16 AM
arrrrr right lol well thats just another bit of technical jargon. Does it sound nice does it and does the 80 G's include the fitment

miller
17-12-2008, 12:20 AM
yup its on mine! nice thing to when in auto mode driving normally it doesnt vent, give it stick especially in tip and its off whistling at the girls!

jackerthanjack
17-12-2008, 12:26 AM
sweet u got a type s i see is that more brake or just body styling and better components ? i tell u man the thing supprised me man i thought id give it a little bit of throttle around a good old corner and u can feeling goin but the legendary active yaw control is just chuffin awesome. ive had about 168 mph out of my legnum aswell but that was on a disused run way and that was interesting .

Davezj
17-12-2008, 12:32 AM
not sure you can get 168mph out of a legnum can you. with out some mods.

has you speedo been converted to MPH from KPH?

is your car a fresh import?

that really good if it has been converted.

pitslayer
17-12-2008, 02:07 AM
on a dissused runway, taking into misreading speed at that speed about 155mph mine did, reading 164 on the clock, took forever to get there though past 135, almost run out of runway /lol

Davezj
17-12-2008, 02:32 AM
I think i have been on that same dissused runway, and i had 147ish displayed and it seemed to run out of puff at 5500rpm, and i ran out of runway as well. mine is totally stock.

miller
17-12-2008, 10:28 AM
in these id say youd be lucky to top 130 in reality! your speedo might say otherwise but they get highly innacurate beyond the 100 mark

Davezj
17-12-2008, 10:35 AM
yep that is my thought, hence i put displayed speed, i recon you can knock off 10% and that will be your min speed, 14ish mph off and it is 133mph. which doesn't sound half as good.

Ghost_2008
17-12-2008, 12:59 PM
I've had my Legnum up to 135mph, it seemed to have plenty of puff left but I wasnt going to push it any further............... mines only got a decat and MBC, possibly a ralliart air filter and better spark plugs............. but as you said the speedo tends to loose acuracy by a margin of up to 10%............ these cars should be good for 155-160mph depending on condition of the car and whether it's been de-restricted.

Atik
17-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I've had my 'nearly stock' VR4 up to 141mph on the dials, but my in dash GPS based speedo read that as 135mph, so thats my max... so far. On a private runway though :)
At 80mph on the dials, my GPS reader shows 77mph, so mine isn't that far out as some others.

My VR is catted up, but with a custom exhaust and HKS mushroom filter with a cold air intake.

Anyway... thread hijacked I think!

Bomber, get some pics up of your car. We all know what VR4s look like but its always nice to see pics of them anyway /yes

jackerthanjack
17-12-2008, 06:33 PM
ok ted will do. next time i go there il use my tom tom but well then seem to cruise nicely at 100 mph at 3 and a bit grand so im not sure if my speedo its out il do a check tonight on my way back to portsmouth with the old tom tom. the thing is tho even at 140 on the dials is doesnt seem to feel like its running out of juice it just wants to go and go BEASTS man.

jackerthanjack
18-12-2008, 03:41 PM
well i found out my laptop is 5 miles out and past 140 its ten out so that means i managed about 158 or it might of been out more so maybe 156 im not sure didnt really wanna try it on the roads as ive only just got my liecence back man

Davezj
18-12-2008, 04:08 PM
whant car do you have? i know it is VR4 but what type.
Mine is a 96 prefacelift auto, so only 260ish bhp when new and 0.55bar boost (7-8psi), and when i still had my jap speed limiter fitted it cut in at 120 displayed when i was in that disused runway, but i had fitted a swithch to switch it off so that it was better for track use. Not that you are ever likely to hit 112mph on the track, the straight are just not long enough.

i suppose if you have a manual 280ish version you will have more chance of getting that extra spped on tracks/airfeilds. as the boost will be 0.8-0.9 bar as standard (10-12psi).

chris g
18-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Glad you've joined us and enjoying the car but it'd be amazing if it's cracking 150

jackerthanjack
18-12-2008, 08:10 PM
serious man i dont wanna look like someone that talks crap. The speedo might be further out as it gets to there but i know what i saw on the speedo for real. i got a auto legnum. its done 32,000 miles. Oh well il have to get it back on the runway with a road angel or my tom tom when i go there next. i cant up load any pics at the moment as im on board ship down in portsmouth as im in the navy like. So il up load some pics when i get home in 6 days time as im doin christmas duties which is a bummer but some one gotta do it. Ive just ordered my Greddy type s bov aswell so lookin forward to fittin that over christmas time when im off. Thanks for the offer miller tho

jackerthanjack
06-01-2009, 04:27 PM
pics of my car (taken by my mate he said he knows he has a **** camra lol)

i know i need wheels there next on the list. So what do you think?

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh368/jackerthanjack/RogerHDR2.jpg

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh368/jackerthanjack/RogerHDR3.jpg

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh368/jackerthanjack/RogerHDR4.jpg

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh368/jackerthanjack/RogerHDR5bonnitengine.jpg

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh368/jackerthanjack/RogerHDR.jpg

Kieran
06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Ooooh, Meister blue! Looks good! :thumbsup:

apeman69
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Some observations: That car's been lowered... and it's got an aftermarket BOV behind the green mushroom. :thinking: Is this the BOV you bought or was it already on the car? If you fitted the BOV did you remove the original recirculating one behind the front bumper and why did you choose to mount it on top? :inquisiti Better noise?
Are the pics from when the car was for sale 'cos that engine bay with the mushroom, earthing kit and the reg. plate look familiar. Confused... and maybe mistaken!
Is that sh!t or scrapes on the bottom of the front bumper? If they're scrapes then it looks like the tow-eye cover has been replaced after a prang and then it's been beeched again perhaps. Could be mud of course, difficult to tell on the pic.

Don't get EVO 8 wheels 'cos I'll start to think you're trying to make yours look like mine: Meister blue Type S with cloth trim, no roof rails, lowered.

Where are you from? Obviously not the North East, pet!

jackerthanjack
06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
with answers to all ur questions 1. yes got an after market bov hks sqv perchased a week back. 2. yes i did remove the original recirculating valve from behind the front bumper. 3. the mouting kit came with the BOV from sumo sports. 4. The pics that were taken the other day 5. They are scrapes on the buttom of the bumper thanks to my father who decided to park it that little bit further in the parking space and mounted the kirb love ya dad (w4nk3r) while i was away at sea 6. i come from torpoint in cornwall well that should just about cover it and dont worry i got my eye on some other alloys not evo 8 wheels. so chill winstan

Kitty's VR4
13-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the club Jacker.....

you enjoying the ride