PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this problem?

Brind
30-03-2004, 09:42 PM
For quite a while now (since the server crash) I am having frequent problems with loading the site, posting to the site and generally looking around the site.

I often come here and if it loads, it can be pretty quick but other times it just takes ages and sometimes comes up with the usual white screen with page cannot be displayed.

Sometimes if I try and post it will appear as though it's working and then white screen again, when I click the refresh button I now get "Invalid post specified, if it was a valid link please inform the webmaster.".

I have use of three pc's and they're all doing the same.

Nick Mann
30-03-2004, 09:53 PM
On the whole for me it has been working well for some time now. Went down yesterday for a while, but apart from that it seems good.

I'm no teckie so can't say much more!!

KiwiTT
31-03-2004, 02:01 AM
No problems for me. Except the Refresh of the "search new posts"

Brind
31-03-2004, 02:11 AM
Thanks guys.

It's really getting quite bad now, no idea what the problem is.. :undecided

I've discovered it happens on another forum I visit which I don't post much to, that is this using the same software as we are (VBulletin) don't know if it is just a coincidence or if all my PC's are just allergic to this software.

I have no other problems and have recently upgraded my internet speed, had this problem before the change so it isn't that, even had my modem replaced as it was cutting out when I upgraded.
I've altered my internet proxy.

It just keeps giving grief... MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cry1: :baby:

Japmetal
01-04-2004, 06:31 PM
I have this problem occasionally too; last night I got as far as "website found, waiting for reply..." and no further. I thought it was jsut me, but obviously not !

Spirit
01-04-2004, 06:35 PM
The site was down altogether most of yesterday and today - think it came back online around 5pm today

Nick VR4
01-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Yesterday it was a bit temperamental in the am
Seemed to get better as the day went on
Last night it went tits up again came back online around 5pm today

:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

Nick Mann
01-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Sorry... My fault for saying it was alright!

BraindG
10-04-2004, 01:59 PM
you still having probs mark? or was it just issues with the hosting company playing up?

Brind
10-04-2004, 05:13 PM
I was unfortunately blaming the hosting company at first as it was happening too often as I had no problems doing anything else on the net.

It wasn't until I was trying to use this site and then gave up I tried another which has the same type forum, and that was giving me the same problems that it pointed me towards my own ISP, I had my modem replaced as apparently it 'wasn't up to the job' :dozey: still getting the same problems intermittently but for over a week it hasn't done it since.... so fingers crossed it will be okay from now on.

Dunno why it should throw its dummy out with only this type of forum.