PDA

View Full Version : *warning blue print parts*

pitslayer
19-12-2008, 06:52 PM
month ago i fitted new steering rack ends and the upper balljoint or track rod end, just got the wheel of to do my brakes and they have rusted really badly, and its not surface rust either! look like they have been on there several years not weeks.
the stock components were in better condition than these
So if anyone has them fitted or is fitting them, my advice would be to avoid, going to have to go and sort these out

Physician
19-12-2008, 07:02 PM
month ago i fitted new steering rack ends and the upper balljoint or track rod end, just got the wheel of to do my brakes and they have rusted really badly, and its not surface rust either! look like they have been on there several years not weeks.
So if anyone has them fitted or is fitting them, my advice would be to avoid, going to have to go and sort these out

Who supplied them (distributor)?

Who fit them?

Blueprint parts are usually VERY good - are you sure you haven't been supplied fakes?

:(

Kieran
19-12-2008, 08:13 PM

Can you post pictures?

Are you sure it's not surface rust? The passivate coating that nearly all spare parts I've seen have on is rubbish in terms of durability - At this time of year I can well imagine the surface finish deteriorating rapidly even if the actuall component is fine.

Like Physician's said - Blueprint have a good reputation for quality - I'd be surprised if these weren't up to scratch.

Spirit
19-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Agree with K and Rich.....have used many Blueprint parts in the past and never had any issues.

Will be interested to see some pics

pitslayer
19-12-2008, 09:44 PM
i apologise the pic is only 2megapixel and a torch was used....even the rack ends are identical,
even my mate who helped put the car back together, came in saw them, mouth dropped and asked how long had they been on there and was i getting them changed soon

bought from my local autofactors, yes they are genuine blue print parts, the rack arms are rusted badly and the track rods look like they have been on there since the 70s
they look much worse than in the picture, but it was hard to get a good picture with a crap camera with no flash and a torch

Kieran
19-12-2008, 09:48 PM
What's the balljoint like - Any play?

If the balljoint's knackered I'd be thinking about a refund - Don't Blueprint offer a 12 month warranty?

pitslayer
19-12-2008, 10:06 PM
check the ball joint when i do the brakes tomorow, but they shouldnt of got that rusty in that length of time

Physician
20-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Wow, even from the poor photo that looks incredibly dangerous.

Let me have the name of the supplier and a copy of the invoice and any other documentation you have as I know someone pretty high up at Blueprint (Japanese guy) who will be appalled at the state of those and can get the necessary action taken.

These manufacturers/suppliers can get into really serious trouble by supplying faulty parts - and it might even be financially crippling during these hard times.

Getting these returned to the right person will ensure the parts are correctly analysed and fault proportioned. I've copied this thread for his information - but you have seemingly done the right thing by blaming Blueprint if those photos are anything to go by. Together with the supporting documentation you'll soon get the parts replaced under warranty as Kieran has mentioned. :thinking:

pitslayer
20-12-2008, 01:33 PM
boxes for them got chucked in the bin, might be able to get another copy of the invoice

miller
20-12-2008, 01:38 PM
boxes for them got chucked in the bin, might be able to get another copy of the invoice

MIGHT? do you want this sorted or not? You have had all morning to place a phone call to the supplier...

Please can the next post from you be a statement of fact of

1 ''spoke to the supplier and they are replacing parts'' or

2 ''spoke to the supplier and its tough titty'

on which we on the forum may then be able to help.

Mike

Paul Beazer
22-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Been off the site for 2 months+ and still Kyles making @rse posts!
Its good to be back.........