PDA

View Full Version : Accessorising my nice new keyring...

fluffnik
20-12-2008, 04:07 AM
I've just received my stylish new Club Keyring and I thought I should get it some accessories.

I thought I'd start with this:

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq329/fluffnik/VR4/DSC00213.jpg

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq329/fluffnik/VR4/DSC00214.jpg

I think it'll go quite nicely with the logo.

:jester:

thfelipeth
20-12-2008, 07:23 AM
the car looks really good man

miller
20-12-2008, 10:48 AM
That is awesome! loving the colour coding looks mean as! Is that an extra to have the skirts and bottom of the bumper different colour?

any more pics of the tailgate, thats an interesting mod beside the number plate?

Mike

Kieran
20-12-2008, 12:42 PM
That is awesome! loving the colour coding looks mean as! Is that an extra to have the skirts and bottom of the bumper different colour?

Nah, that was a factory paint option. It's in my brochures but it seems it wasn't a popular option.

Looks good! That came from Notts, didn't it?

fluffnik
20-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Nah, that was a factory paint option. It's in my brochures but it seems it wasn't a popular option.

Described as "rare" by the seller. :)

Looks good! That came from Notts, didn't it?

It's coming from Notts - not taking possession 'til after Xmas... :(

ianturbo
20-12-2008, 02:13 PM
It looks like mine !!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ian

fluffnik
20-12-2008, 04:10 PM
It looks like mine !!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've got more grey and fewer orange bits though...

...or I will do soon. :thinking:

fluffnik
20-12-2008, 04:28 PM
any more pics of the tailgate, thats an interesting mod beside the number plate?

I've only got the photos from the ad:

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq329/fluffnik/VR4/04f1_1.jpg

Hadn't spotted that the black trim was non standard...

There's no sign of it ever having roof rails either.

fluffnik
29-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Well I got a lift down to Amble to check it out and it seemed good.

So I brought it home. :pimp2:

elnevio
29-12-2008, 10:20 PM
ex-Newera Imports car!

PaddyB
29-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Envying that towbar goodness.

There's no better start for a UK import than being a Newera import (tho' the people who did mine are second to none ;-) )

Nice looking motor - liking the black trim too.

fluffnik
29-12-2008, 10:46 PM
The provenance seems good and it's great to drive - test drive twisties had me sold. /rally

It came with goodies in the boot - a spare set of 17" wheels with good tyres, Japanese nav unit with dash trim, some spare badges, a couple of extra Legnum friendly tools and some other bitties too.

It's not quite as quick as my ALPINA but it fairly gets a wiggle on all the same. :D

Love the gearbox - most responsive - and the HID headlights rock... :afro:

Big Ian
29-12-2008, 11:40 PM
good stuff, glad all went smooooothly for you,

trust me though, you'll get more "smile to the mile" with the VR4 than with the Alpina (even though is a crackin big motor) with your Alpina you have to lift of for corner's, bend's & roundabout's .. you don't in a VR ;) enjoy it buddy and i'll hopefully see you soon.

we will await some clean Legnum pic's ... are you giving it to young Paul to detail for you?

fluffnik
30-12-2008, 12:46 AM
good stuff, glad all went smooooothly for you,

Yup, John the seller seems like a real enthusiast and tha car seems to have been well loved.

trust me though, you'll get more "smile to the mile" with the VR4 than with the Alpina (even though is a crackin big motor) with your Alpina you have to lift of for corner's, bend's & roundabout's .. you don't in a VR ;) enjoy it buddy and i'll hopefully see you soon.

It does seem to have considerable B-road blasting potential... :evilgrin:

we will await some clean Legnum pic's ... are you giving it to young Paul to detail for you?

I think Paul is a liiiiiiiittle busy at the mo' - he's got his 325i in bits pending a complete rebuild (http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=43023&PN=2). :speechles

Kieran
30-12-2008, 01:47 AM
I think Paul is a liiiiiiiittle busy at the mo' - he's got his 325i in bits pending a complete rebuild (http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=43023&PN=2). :speechles

I just love threads like that - I love seeing what is (or what's not!!) behind all the paint and panels and seeing it all being brought back to life!:afro:

Glad you're liking your new car too!:happy:

Big Ian
30-12-2008, 11:10 AM
yeah ive been watching his project, it was a nice looking example to start with, so it should turn out an excellent example once complete ;)
going by the work he has found needing done i'd say he has timed the rebuild just right, another winter on the road's would have destroyed the shell?

fluffnik
30-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I just love threads like that - I love seeing what is (or what's not!!) behind all the paint and panels and seeing it all being brought back to life!:afro:

Paul is a brave man!

Glad you're liking your new car too!:happy:

Very impressed so far. :)

The engine and gearbox are very responsive and work well together and the steering direct and communicative - what's not to like?

I'm looking forward to getting the permanent hand controls fitted so I can light up more of those AYC bars... /rally