PDA

View Full Version : how 2 take off VR4 badge on front?

nz_vr4_nz
01-04-2004, 08:23 PM
anyone able 2 tell me how to take of that plastic piece so that I can reach the badge bolt and nut so that I can take of the badge...I dont want to snap the plastic doin it wrong...please help

Nick VR4
01-04-2004, 09:15 PM
That part of the grill comes out in one piece
If you look down near it you will see small plastic tabs that hold it in place
A long screwdriver just needs pushing into then to release them

I think its 5 tabs release them and pull towards you
Putting back the clips slot in

hope this helps

Spirit
01-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Yes mate - you need to remove the grill - to do this if you look behind the grill there are approx 6 places it clips in. To release these clips just push down on the bit if plastic in the middle of each clip (coloured differently) and it will slide out easily, start at one end of the the grill and work across slowly. Refitting is simply a case of lining up the clips again and pushing back on ;)

If are thinking of replacing the badge it costs £20 here in the UK :(

Spirit
01-04-2004, 09:19 PM
:lolz: looks like you type quicker than me Nick :D

Nick VR4
01-04-2004, 09:22 PM
:lolz: looks like you type quicker than me Nick :D

:lolz: only just mate ;)

nz_vr4_nz
02-04-2004, 04:20 AM
just trying to dress the car model type down, so that people dont go "wow! VR4 lets steal it as soon as he goes into the GYM!" I will take off the back one on the bumber too...any tips on how to get the remainder glue and foamy stuff off without damaging paint?

KiwiTT
02-04-2004, 04:37 AM
just trying to dress the car model type down, so that people dont go "wow! VR4 lets steal it as soon as he goes into the GYM!" I will take off the back one on the bumber too...any tips on how to get the remainder glue and foamy stuff off without damaging paint?

It is alarmed isn't it ?

simpsonm
02-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I may be mistaken, but an old credit card down the back to remove the badge, maybe warm it up first with a Hair dryer. Then warm soapy water should remove the rest?

Just a thought don't quote me!!!

Big Ian
02-04-2004, 03:15 PM
to take the glue off use some petrol on a rag or if if you can you could use a hair dryer and heat the glue .
just a couple of way's ive done it in the past.

Japmetal
02-04-2004, 10:35 PM
If you pop down to your local Halfords [or similar !] and nose through the cleaning products, you should find something called Tar & Glue remover [or something like that !]

TO get the badge off, you're best getting a hair dryer on it for a few minutes to melt the glue, then prising it off slowly - You could use a credit-card for this, but I wouldnt since you risk scratching your paint if you're not careful/you slip ! Once you get the badge off use a rag in conjunctio with aforementioned product & just rub the glue off; I use a "bit at a time" type method, first rubbing in the remover, then using a clean damp rag to remove the dissolved glue :)

This method works equally well with badges, decals and protective mouldings; It doesnt matter how old the glue, if you take your time & heat it properly the offending article will eventually peel away easily and, if you're really good, it shouldnt even leave any residue :-b

PS; I know this works since I once spent a whole afternoon de-stickering a '93 Lancer I had - at first I left the glue as I peeled, but by the end I was removing it all in one go :$