PDA

View Full Version : er help man

jackerthanjack
25-12-2008, 11:56 PM
right just purchased a HKS SQV fitted nice and easy all pipes blocked off and all pipes connected. But and i mean a big but any one know why it would cut out when at idle man. Its doin my nut in man. Never did it before and now is grrrrrrrrrrr

Kieran
26-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Does your SSQV have an adjuster nut on the back? If it does, wind it in a bit - Stalling is a classic symptom of the valve opening at idle - meaning air meant for the engine escapes to atmosphere - So the car injects too much fuel and chokes itself to death.

Make sure the blanking plug that goes over the recirc pipe is tighly fitted too.

If yours doesn't have an adjuster.... check again all pipework is air tight, and if that fails, suspect the piston/diagphram in the SSQV.

Axeboy
26-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Also, how many pipes have you blocked off?

Turbo_Steve
26-12-2008, 01:29 AM
meaning air meant for the engine escapes to atmosphere

I'm being a total bloody pedant here, but its actually the engine breathing in air through the dumpvalve and bypassing the airflow meter that causes the issue. Excatly as you describe, but engine is under vacuum at idle, so the airflow is all the other way :D

Sorry: I'm an awkward sod. Merry Christmas?

Diagnosis is correct, though: check for leaks, especially at the bung, check the vacuum line is properly connected, and then tighten the adjustment screw on the nacl of the dumpvalve.

jackerthanjack
26-12-2008, 06:45 PM
thanks guys for ur advice once again its awsome man lol its like u are the all wise senseies and i am the young nieve apprentice. Yeah i tightened the adjuster on the back problem sorted. Another sympton was that i could smell neat fuel sittin in the drivers seat so u were def right but not no more.