PDA

View Full Version : Mangled Audi...

mike
02-04-2004, 04:43 PM
And I thought Audi's were built to last...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1298917

Nick Mann
03-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Seen this before. Portugal somewhere. Consensus of opinion that the two people in the car died instantly on impact (Speedo stuck on 60 mph/100 kph) But were thrown from the car in pretty much one piece. Hence no blood. Gruesome crash - makes you stop and think a little.

Have to feel sorry for the passenger and the parents. For the crash to be that bad, the driver deserves little sympathy - I can't see a way that the car could have done that due to component failure.

colVR4
03-04-2004, 04:54 PM
I have seen lots of debates about this particular photo, and the answer seems to be that this was a reconstruction for a road safety campaign. If you notice there are no fluids of any kind around the scene of the accident. Even if you manage to clean up most of them you would still see signs of oil/brakefluid/coolant on the ground especially where the engine came to rest.

I am only repeating what I have seen elsewhere before you all start bombarding me with why this isn't so!! :rolleyes5

Japmetal
04-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Having read through the arguments on that forum, and people's obsession with "But the speedo only says 100kph" My immidiate thought was that's what it STUCK on, doesnt mean that was the starting velocity, impact velocity, it just means the speedo got so f***ed it stuck partway down !!

I would tend to agree this could well be real; when you hit something that hard, logic goes out the window - notice the glass is actually wrapped around the tree, rather than shattered into bits !