PDA

View Full Version : I've got the bug.....

Dan_G
02-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

Well what can I say.... the symptoms first reared there ugly head about a month ago and wont go away. They include non stop searching of autotrader Galant/legnum for sale.... incesent imagry within my cranium of driving a 4x4 Legnum with a turbo... all my time on the computer is spent looking for anything related to Legnum VR4's....... I dont think theres a cure.... I've phoned Mitsu garages for quotes on servicing... contacted importers for quotes... arghh!

I thought maybe this was the cure:- I've got my loan :-D and I'm armed and ready to buy a Legnum VR4.......... I'm looking at a car at the mo, just getting an AA check done... and pending the results of this, this time next week I may have cured my illness, althought I fear this is just the begining.... :rolleyes5

Things to do/get done:-

1)Mitsubishi full service full oil changes + cambelt change(good starting point)
2)Clean underside and paint/underseal/waxoil
3)New alloys + lower suspension
4)New exhaust
5)Air filter
6)UNI chip
7) and...and..and.. cant forget the brakes... , braided hoses, better discs/pads...and...and
8) in fact this list probably will never end so best stop.... :lipsrseal

Ooooh I remmember the first time I saw a Legnum VR4..... it was in Aberdeen about 6 years ago and it was dark green,low and meen......and I wanted one.

with any luck I'll get one.

Great site guys, UK is lucky to have it.... not much else out there apart from Jap sites

I'll keep you all posted

Dan

Nick VR4
02-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Welcome mate and hope you have fun

Don't forget insurance for the car :lolz:

Any questions feel free to ask but use the search area first please

Oh and the full membership scheme ;)

wirdy
02-04-2004, 07:15 PM
You sound smitten, like the rest of us saddo's. :-D

Find a good 'un & you won't be disappointed ;)

:welcome:

Japmetal
02-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey, even my missus likes them [and she doesnt usually bother with cars !] so you can't be that ill :p

Physician
03-04-2004, 01:22 AM
It happened to me recently Dan ...... just got a VR4 saloon.

The excellent advice I was given was ...... history, history, history. Get one preferably with Mitsubishi service stamps or at least invoices showing what has been done and when.

Have fun ..... great machines. :-D

Spirit
03-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Welcome to CVR4 mate and hopefully soon welcome to VR4 ownership

/activate smug look

"It's great!!!!"

nick-f1
03-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Hiya Dan_g and welcome as well, I ,ve just got mine ( a couple of weeks ago) and still grinning! I'm starting on the list as yrself. :D

KiwiTT
04-04-2004, 03:18 AM
:welcome: to the Club.

I suffer the bug too ! No worries, it never passes and there is no cure. I thought ownership would cure me. It didn't; I dream about it now too !

freaksnzl
04-04-2004, 04:43 AM
:welcome: same here i have dreams about my vr4 too thought I was going :mad:. Love my car cant stop looking at it or driving it but i hate the petrol bill :greedy:

Dan_G
04-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys

the car Im looking for is a pre 98(s) manual Legnum VR4. Hence it will just be the VR4 and not the type S tiptronic so probably wont have TCL and ASC. But should have AYC..... My thinking, is the less gizmo's I have the less there is to go wrong......

and the prospect of a manual is very appealing(280ps :D ). Especially since i've been driving my 1988 BMW 735i auto for a couple of years now. So, who cares if eating sandwiches and driving will be more difficult, I want a clutch god dammit......... oh yeah, and if you guys think VR4's give bad fuel economy how does 12-20mpg sound :Eyecrazy: ..... a 3.5l Straight six and an autobox... oh its just a receipy for mucho's fuel drinkage :greedy: ... so mid 20's should be a refreshing change.

well think I'll go and translate a few more Japanese Legnum sites, to see what other snippets I can pick up. As they say knowledge is a flower..... or something like that :p

Dan