PDA

View Full Version : Track Day in April

Goku
05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Right,
One of my friends is organizing the NZHonda's South Island Mega Meet, and has a track day set up in mid april (date to be confirmed). Now seeing as there is a lack of interest in the honda camp, he's opened it up to other clubs to come along and participate.

So if you want to put a few honda's to shame, check out this thread here ( http://nzhondas.com/forum/general-discussion/86086-simm-planning-check-date.html#post1095639 ) sign up and say you'd be in for the track day.

Johny
06-01-2009, 01:35 AM
could i get in with my car? lol

Goku
06-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Any car man.... they're honda's afterall :P

Johny
06-01-2009, 02:04 AM
dont think the gdi will stand up to a honda lol
but itd be a good way to deplete the rest of the tread on my tires before i get new ones lol where are they having it?

Goku
06-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Ruapuna :)

Johny
06-01-2009, 03:51 AM
thats a bonus lol
cost?

Goku
06-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Right, so it sounds like the 16th is the best bet. I will call Ruapuna tomorrow and book it, and get the total cost of hire so we can start getting payments sorted. It will most likely end up around $80pp.

Fully
06-01-2009, 05:13 AM
I would be keen :)

Goku
14-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I have more info now, it's going to be in may, on the 7th

http://nzhondas.com/forum/upper-south-island/86430-simm-09-trackday.html

Time: 8.00am – 5pm
Cost: $80 NZHondas.com Members and Non-Members.
Entrants: Max of 44 competitors (1 entrant per car, i.e.; no multiple drivers).

There will be no refunds. Once you pay your entry fee, that is it.

PM VTAKYO or GecKo for Trackday Entries and Enquiries! (Bank Details Will Be Supplied)

Track Day Programme
- 8.00am Track opens, competitors and helpers arrive.
- Scrutineering of cars begins, paperwork is signed.
- Race Gas tap opens.
- 8.45am Briefing with all drivers on how the day will be run. All competitors must have arrived by now.
- 9.00am Racing begins.
- 12.00pm Lunch begins, all helpers on the day can have some time on the track.
- 1pm Racing restarts.
- 4.15 Racing finishes.
- 4.30pm Cleanup begins.
- 5pm Track & pits must be clean and everyone off the venue.

Competitors need to be @ the track before 8:45am.
This is so we can discuss the finer details of the day, fill out forms and get the scutineering done. You should be on the track not long after.

Cars are released at 10 second intervals, and each run is limited to 5 laps - but you are free to exit the track through the pit lane at any point. This takes the form of a “driver training day”, so there is no specific race structure as the event has no MSNZ affiliation. In accordance to these provisions, any behaviour seen as "racing" (ie, following closely, intruding/cutting off others racelines, and obvious "battles") will be dealt with in the same manner as excessively agressive driving - one warning before being banned from the track.

Basic Safety Plan
Drivers must have their car scrutineered and pass to both the scrutineers and head officials discretion, must attend drivers briefing and the indian file, and sign an indemnity form before going out at the start of the day.

Passengers will also need to sign an indemnity form each time they go out. They must also be aware of where the fire extinguisher is and how to operate it, where any kill switches are, etc.

Marshalls must attend their briefing, before being taken around the track prior to the drivers indian file. They must be aware how to operate a fire extinguisher, and what procedures to take in the case of an accident and/or spin-out. Safety of the driver comes first, then the car.

Anybody who is late to the event will need to be briefed and preferably run a couple of laps as a passenger before going out. Same applies to marshalls.

Driving that is deemed excessively agressive will not be tolerated. You will recieve one warning before being banned from the track.

Spectator Areas
Grassed hill area.
or
On the raised area next to the pit lane wall, or behind the garages. Whilst cars are leaving the staging area to enter the track, you must remain behind the dotted yellow lines until all cars have left.

Basic Requirements
Warrant of Fitness or current MSNZ Authority Card/Log Book
No Open headers
Battery secure
No lose objects inside of car
Quick inspection of helmet
And a general look around of the car (to be no leaking fluids, shocks, loose hosing, worn or loose wheels/tyres, glazed brakes etc)

Helmet - up to your personal preference, open face or full face, no cycle helmets though.

Clothing - covered footwear must be worn, along with a race suit or cotton mechanic style overalls.

Fire Extinguisher – This is to be mounted securely inside your vehicle. You can pick up a small suitable fire extinguisher for as little as $30 from most car parts stores.

Interior Stripping - Anything goes, as long as you still have a seat to sit on. However there may be no loose objects.

Restraint Systems - OEM seatbelts or current SFI/FIA harnesses. Expired or damaged harnesses are not allowed.

Exhaust - Full exhaust system must remain.

Brakes - I thoroughly recommend a fluid flush & bleed at the least. Upgrading brake pads is also a wise idea, along with upgrading fluid – as Ruapuna will test your braking system.

Track Rules
No alcohol on the premises.
No intentional loss of traction, controlled or uncontrolled - i.e. no drifting or burnouts.
There is a 30km/h speed limit in the park area, 15km/h in the pits.
Smoking only allowed on the grandstand and spectator banks.
Spectators must remain in the designated areas, and approved people (members) are allowed in the pits. Nobody is allowed on the track unless allowed to by the event organisers.

Food
There is a Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, KFC, Pizza Hutt, and Hells Pizza nearby in Hornby. A 5-minute drive from the track.