PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Auto gearbox solenoids

keithatport
05-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi, it looks like I have one or more solenoids sticking in my autobox. Does anyone have a set for sale?

Cheers, Keith

Kieran
05-01-2009, 10:34 PM
They tested out as duff then Keith?

zedy1
05-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I May have some used ones

peter thomson
05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
They tested out as duff then Keith?

Not yet Kieran but thought we would try and get some before we start work on it

keithatport
07-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi, still looking for solenoids, failing that anyone got an autobox for sale?

Cheers, Keith

Starscream
07-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I've got an autobox from a facelift the same year as yours, PM me if interested

peter thomson
12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Keith has ordered some new ones. I managed to confirm 3 appear to be working tonight.

keithatport
12-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I have ordered 5 from the states so if anyone needs in the future I should have spares. Just PM my brother or myself.

keithatport
16-01-2009, 02:53 PM
:speechles :happy: Ordered the solenoids from the states on Sunday night, and here today.:speechles :happy:
Hopefully the car will be back on the road tomorrow.

Wodjno
16-01-2009, 03:04 PM
:speechles :happy: Ordered the solenoids from the states on Sunday night, and here today.:speechles :happy:

Thats a bit Shoddy.. Company i used to order through on a Sunday Afternoon, delivered my wares on a Tuesday Morning /yes :speechles

Hope Solenoids fit OK and your soon up and running /yes

Cheers

WODJ :D

keithatport
18-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Changed out the solenoids and that made no difference. Tried swapping the ecu with my brothers and mine worked in his car but my car was just the same with his ecu. The wiring appears to be ok so looks like I will be replacing the gearbox.

keithatport
18-01-2009, 02:41 PM
bump

peter thomson
18-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Better to start a new thread for a box Keith

Kieran
18-01-2009, 04:17 PM
No warranty or anything on the car?

keithatport
18-01-2009, 04:19 PM
sold as seen unforetunately.

Nutter_John
18-01-2009, 05:28 PM
a trader can not sell a car sold as seen , maybe a word with trading standards

keithatport
18-01-2009, 05:53 PM
It was listed as a trade advert so trading standards may be worth a shout.

TORQUE OF THE DEVIL
20-01-2009, 08:09 PM
By Law You Get A 30 Day Warranty If I State It On The Receipt / Invoice Or Not

You Had A 30 Day Warranty And Its Gone Past This Date.

You Purchased The Car On The 15-11-2008, You Had A 30 Day Warranty That Ran Out On 15-12-2008

You Agreed To Resolve The Situation With The Gearbox Seal Leakage With A £100 Transfer By Paypal. This Was Done Immediately (next Day 16-11-2008) And You Agreed And That Was The End Of The Gearbox Leaking Problem.

The Car Was Throughly Checked By You, Your Brother And "sghom" From The Forum. You Checked The Car Before And After The Test Drive And Even "sghom" Gave You The Go Ahead, And Then The Sale Was Finalised.

Now You Are Making It Look As Though I Sold You A Messed Up Car.

Its Wear And Tear And Its Very Unfortunate That This Has Happened To You And You Can Not Put Me At Fault As I Didnt Guarantee The Work That You And Your Brother Carried Out On The Gearbox.

A Car Only Has Warranty When It Hasnt Been Tampered With By The New Owner

You Worked On The Gearbox Yourselves And And I Dont Know What Has Happened Since Then.

I Even Offered To Get The Gearbox Repaired At My Expense If You Were Willing To Bring The Car Back To Me As I Am A Trader And I Get Trade Prices On Parts And Labour And It Would Cost Me Alot Less Than What You Would Have To Pay At A Garage

Sorry I Cant Do Anything Regarding This In Terms Of Refunding Or Giving You Any Money If Thats What You Want.

Only If I Had Your Contact Number I Would Have Called And Discussed This Matter But You Said You Dont Want To Speak And Want To Resolve Via Email And Even Refused To Give Me Your Number, So I Have Given You A Detailed Explanation.

I also rang trading standards and they advised that the car can only have warranty when it is bought back to the trader and then repaired by his mechanics or his recommended mechanics (have to be qualified)

Because the work was carried out by you and your brother the warranty is void, and this can be confirmed with trading standards.

I do care about your car and do care about my reputation this is why i am replying as everyone makes a trader look bad and always at fault.

Zee
Phat "n" Modified

keithatport
20-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Since you are being so forthright, maybe you can explain how you got the car MOT'd with no rear foglights.

The trading standards people say you have to inform the buyer of known faults. You knew the gearbox was leaking as it was picked up on the MOT but you never mentioned that when I bought the car.

Your story about you buying the car from another trader who MOT'd the car does not wash as you told us you picked up the car and drove it up from Southampton. The car was MOT'd in Bradford not Southampton.

Yes, we inspected the car. You keep telling people how much you know about these cars so you knew the torque converter seal leak would not show up until +/-30 miles had been driven.

You offered to repair the leak if I drove the car from Aberdeen to Bradford with a leaking seal which could have let go catastrophically on the way down. I would have been out of pocket for petrol and 2 nights accomadation.
You claimed to be able to have it fixed for £150. It would be interesting to hear which other traders on here could change a torque converter seal for that. What type of fluid would have ended up in my gearbox?