PDA

View Full Version : FS: Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 Elegance

jambo1981
06-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Hi everyone, I am looking at selling my Vectra as I am looking at buying a Galant 2.5 v6 sport where I have already put down a deposit. In the current economic climate the car industry has been hit fairly hard which has left me with a problem as to what to advertise the car at when I finally get round to it.
It is a 2003 03 plate Vectra Elegance in silver. It has 44k on the clock with full service history (mostly main dealer). The body work is in excellent condition apart from paint residue that has been left on the flat part of the rear passenger side wheel arch and door handle which is colour coded after the wife brushed against a concrete pillar. (been told about 70 pound to sort out, lucky it never dented).

The car has never missed a beat and has been very reliable. It is due a service in 6k or so or in Feb, whichever first.

The interior is spot on with no cigarette burns, rips or stains.

The Galant I hope to buy is a 2001 Y reg with approx 65k on clock, full main dealer history and is immaculate apart from one small rust bubble on rear wheel arch about 10p size. The fellow wants 2.5k. Does anyone think this is overpriced?

I am also hoping to achieve approx £3200 for my vectra.

pitslayer
06-01-2009, 01:23 AM
in todays climate, that probably is a bit to much for a V6, you can buy VR4s for that money, would aim just under 2k for it, thats me personally

jambo1981
06-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Thats what I said to my wife today before she slapped a £100 deposit down becxause she thought I would like another Galant

elnevio
06-01-2009, 07:36 AM
/Welcome2 along!

Check the rear arches very carefully, the Galants are absolute swines for rusting there.

mitsugaz
06-01-2009, 10:35 AM
yeah i agree 2.5k is asking a bit much and your vectra is worth going by the book price 3k but with any sign of damage it can knock a bit of money off can you not get your deposit back and fix the vectra i personally would not spend 2.5k on a car that is showing any signs of rust if its on the outside as with many japanese cars they usually start on the inner there are better examples out there good luck whatever decision you make.

mitsugaz
06-01-2009, 11:05 AM
theres a 2001 metallic blue saloon on autotrader for £2490 or make an offer its only done 57k looks nice its also on ebay