PDA

View Full Version : p/x'd my pajero have I done the right thing?

Tara
03-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Just signed the papers today, should get my 1996 Galant vr4 type-s in a couple of weeks when its made "legal" for the UK. It's very nice-black and gleaming, not leather interior but never mind can't have everything! Felt the need for something a bit nippy after driving a tank with seats like a bus for 6 years (my beloved Pajero)!

Anyway thought you knowledgeble vr4 drivers might be able to give me and my hubby some advice, this is hubby dictating-
What engine oil should we use?
What are the oil change/service intervals?
Will a dump valve be worth investing in?
Where in the North East supply and fit parts?

Any advice you can give will be much appreciated to us novices!

SGHOM
03-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Hi Tara & hubby !!! & welcome to club VR4 !!
have you done the wrong thing ??? no way Hose !! just go out & enjoy the best "miles per smiles" any car can offer. :-D
As for your questions regarding oil etc, just browse the forum, & you will find most, if not all the info you require. & please feel free to ask any questions you need answering !! :-b :-b

Nick Mann
03-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Welcome! As per previous post, use the search button up top, and most of your questions will be answered.

Enjoy it!!

Nick VR4
03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Just signed the papers today, should get my 1996 Galant vr4 type-s in a couple of weeks when its made "legal" for the UK. It's very nice-black and gleaming, not leather interior but never mind can't have everything! Felt the need for something a bit nippy after driving a tank with seats like a bus for 6 years (my beloved Pajero)!

Anyway thought you knowledgeble vr4 drivers might be able to give me and my hubby some advice, this is hubby dictating-
What engine oil should we use?
What are the oil change/service intervals?
Where in the North East supply and fit parts?

Any advice you can give will be much appreciated to us novices!

Hi Tara and Hubby
Welcome to the forum
The service intervals are every 4500 miles yes 4500 miles
Full synthetic oil 10W-30 or 20W-40 grade is best

The other questions I'll leave as I dont know you might want to try the seach area too
Again welcome and have fun

cheers

SGHOM
03-04-2004, 09:25 PM
undefined

A dump valve will add neither value or performance to your car. BUT....... they are essential !!! WOOOOSH....PSSSTT !!!!

Spirit
03-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi Tara and hubby and a warm welcome to Club VR4 ;)

I think the guys have covered your questions and advised of the search facility.

Would just like to add about joining as a full member - a mere £15 a year , it's worth every penny and comes with several benefits ;)

More info HERE (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/clubvr4/joincvr4.php)

Hope you enjoy the site and visit us often

Darren
03-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Wow a VR-4 in Consett great :-D I don't feel so alone up north now.
Welcome to the club Tara and Hubby.