PDA

View Full Version : Castlecroft (Wolverhampton)

Spirit
06-04-2003, 03:23 PM
This is the dealership I bought my car from. The service I received on the day and by telephone since has been excellent. They also have an ex-employee who works at Extreme in Dudley.

A prime example of the service what they are doing for me right now. During a cambelt change at a local dealer they spotted a minor oil leak from the diff seals and from somewhere in the AYC. The local dealer costed it to be 7hrs labour + £90 parts INSERT INTO post VALUES (approx £450 - £500 work). I called Castlecroft and they agreed to do the whole job for free and I drove the car up to them, and they lent me a car to come home. Once the work is done they are then delivering my car back to me INSERT INTO post VALUES (I live 210 miles away !).

Top service I am sure you will agree !

Pete

P.S. They have a very nice white VR-4 for sale right now - with a few mods and private plate !

Spirit
15-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Still not got the car back yet - turns out it was not the diff seals but probably the torque converter seal - hope to get it back by the weekend

Pete

:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

BraindG
15-04-2003, 07:33 PM
thats what happened on mine aswell, the seal went letting in water :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

ITMATT
05-05-2003, 07:55 PM
They may have liked the car too much and have taken it oout for the weekend to impress the girlies before blasting down the motorway for "210 miles":p

Best of luck.

Spirit
05-05-2003, 10:14 PM
LOL ITMATT

I actually got the car back last week - and had the chance to get the car on a ramp on Saturday and it's spotless underneath now - not a drop of oil in sight !:D

Pete

ITMATT
05-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Did they charge you for the/any extra work?

Spirit
05-05-2003, 10:28 PM
The work was all done free of charge :D - would hate to imagine what the bill would have been !

They also identified a nail in one tyre and a split in another - so as a gesture of goodwill they also fitted 4 NEW tyres and only charged me £100 for them ! :D :D :D

Pete

ITMATT
05-05-2003, 11:00 PM
That's great...what a result.

Congrats. Do they have a web site?

Spirit
06-05-2003, 07:40 AM
Here you go : http://www.castlecroftgarage.com/

Pete

Spirit
06-05-2003, 07:41 AM
They also have this VR-4 for sale:

" Mitsubishi Galant 2.5 VR-4 Type-S 1998

White, 36000 miles. Anti-Lock Brakes,Tiptronic Automatic Transmission, Climate Control, Electric Mirrors, Leather Steering Wheel. 4 wheel drive 300 bhp twin turbo, full service history,Cross spoke16"BBS Alloys, Lowered Suspension, Special Gas Flow Exhaust System. The quickest VR4 we have owned.Registration Number included in the price. A practical alternative to an Evo ..........................£12490 "

Owen
20-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Hi i only joined your forum this evening because i have been looking for a VR4 for some time now....I had seen the white 1 at castlecroft on autotrader website and liked the look of it, and after all the good reports ive heard about the garage, im going to phone up and put a deposit on first thing...if its still there, i'll be a proper clubVR4 member this time tomorrow...cant wait!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Brind
20-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Nice one mate!:cool: and welcome to the site.

Tell us how it goes and good luck on keeping the white clean! :)

BraindG
20-05-2003, 10:53 PM
YEAY! just check it out first.. check for tappets noises, AYC lights.. get warrenty!

Owen
21-05-2003, 07:33 PM
i phoned first thing and it was still there so i told them i would have it gave a deopsit over the phone....dont know about noises or YAW but ive got 1 year warrenty and told them to find out how long it could be extended by and they are looking into it for me.....ive been looking for 1 for a long time and im not to bothered about engine noises...nothing that cant be sorted....low miles for year and looks great...just what i wanted :hurrah:

BraindG
21-05-2003, 07:38 PM
:D Yeay.. so whens the big test drive?

Owen
21-05-2003, 08:50 PM
i cant get it till a week on saturday....and i aint going to be able to sleep till i get it...:eek:

Spirit
02-06-2003, 07:42 AM
Owen

Welcome to the site mate, and I assume you are a proud VR-4 owner by now then ?

Give us an update asap mate on how she/he/it is !

Pete

Owen
04-06-2003, 10:21 PM
hi all
sorry i havnt replied ...I just havnt had time, ive been getting home from work and going out for a spin in "her" "him" but i think "it" is a better description. Its unbelivable, i knew they had power but i didnt know how well they went round corners. Ive had fast cars and bikes for years but none as much fun to drive as 1 of these. and to top it off it sounds nice to it's got a kakimoto stainless exaust system if anyone knows what that is. everyone just turns and looks and dont take there eyes of it:cool1: anyway i will have to stop using it so much or ill have to sell my bike and the kids to buy some petrol..... whens the next track day?

Brind
04-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Congrats mate! seems like you're having alot of fun with it already.:)

Dunno about track day, but the next meet is at J.A.E in July, go to the thread in the Events section to find out more info.

Spirit
04-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Congrats Owen, hope you got good service from them ? Who dealt with you ?

Can you call them back and ask them to forward my commission cheque in the post ! LOL

Did you tell them about seeing it on here ?

Pete

Spirit
08-06-2003, 12:15 PM
The nice people at Castlecroft sent us a voucher for a free portrait session and photo INSERT INTO post VALUES (worth £115) this week - only problem is that it's in Wolverhampton.

This was nothing to do with Owen buying his car there, just something they have sent to some of their customers - such nice people !

Pete

LOMY
30-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Got mine from here too. Excellent after sales service but the standard warranty was a bit weak.