PDA

View Full Version : Rear Box

MOD
04-04-2004, 06:22 PM
HI all

As you have all read, the Remus is the one to go for, However:

Does anyone know where to get a rear box which is long enough to suit the Sport model Galant????

I have tried Remus and Sebring but both are too short!!!!

I was told by Demon Tweeks to try a powerflow, but all I want is the rear box.

Any ideas???

How easy is it to fit one of these universal jobs????

Please help me.

Mod

enigma
04-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Fitting a universal one shouldn't be much of a problem. I went to my local powerflow stockist and got all the bits and made my own full system. To change a back box would be a doddle! What sort of style are you after?

Kieran
04-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Well that has surprised me!

So the 'Sport' model can't be fitted with a Remus or a Sebring?.... :thinking:

Is that because the rear valence is longer than the standard model?

Hmmm....

I would say then that your best bet is a custom made job... A Fujitsubo Legalis-R or a HKS Super drager *may* do the job, but they're designed for the VR-4 and the fitment may be different. Also, unless your car is the V6 sport, I'd suggest not bothering with the Fujitsubo or the HKS, as they're designed for the V6 engined VR4.

Ian (ScottishIan) has a custom system and loves it - Try www.stainlessexhausts.com.

MOD
04-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Must be!!

I had the Remus 1st, the pipes were a good fit from the centre pipe to the box. With the front bracket mounted, it was 2-3 inches too short to reach the rear bracket and therfore the tailpipe sat underneath the car and not like the standard tailpipe which poked out the back!!!

Are the powerflow really that good??? I want a deep base tone.

Big Ian
05-04-2004, 01:36 AM

Ian (ScottishIan) has a custom system and loves it - Try www.stainlessexhausts.com.
:smitten: an i'm still lov'n it the only time i play a cd is when im parked!!!!!
ive also found that i can set of car alarm's when i drive by an give a little rev :evil2:

Japmetal
05-04-2004, 07:11 PM
I have a Remus back box and I love it :-b

Unfortunately it's on my 6G GTi, so apart from telling you it's absolutely fab I can't be much more help !!