PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Black Galant VR4....

Spice Boy
15-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Hyia peeps :D

Ok, so the more I read about them the more I want one so Im fully committed to getting the right car...

The 'must have' specs are....

Galant
Black
Sunroof

The 'would very much like to have'...

Type-S
Manual

The 'would be nice'

Recaro cloth sports seats

So generally not much but if I can get as close to the list as poss then it means less work for me to do to get it as I want it :D

Mileage is something Im concerned with, I have spotted a mint example with only 45K on the clock but it wasnt the right colour nor a sunroof lol....

Budget? Up to £4k but obviously anything below that is a bonus :D

I do have some pics as examples but I dont wanna use anyones pics without their permission :)

Any questions or pointer are most welcome

Nick Mann
15-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Recaros were only fitted to facelift cars. That will increase the value, simply because the car will be newer.

Recaro AND manual will be almost impossible to find, especially in a particular colour.

Basically, your wants are relatively easy, but your wishes will be a lot harder to find! Good luck.

Axeboy
15-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Good luck! :)

Number of times people have asked for a black manual galant... oof :)

Plus a sunroof.. ooooof :)

bradc
16-01-2009, 01:41 AM
The fact that you could never get a manual facelift galant with AYC (aka Type S) is going to make it a bit difficult for you to find one!

Just buy Col's

Spice Boy
16-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Lol... Yeah I know that I wont get everything on the list but in posting that up I have learnt more about what I can get....

The basic car is most important... so really all Im looking for is a black galant VR4 with a sunroof...

I would be quite happy with a pre-facelift one and then I could fit the seats etc later on, that wouldnt be an issue (apart from buying it lol)

Am I being un-realistic with wanting a galant in a specific colour AND sunroof?

bigsed
16-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Good luck with the search. If you are patient you will fnd what you want in the end - the thing is don't buy one just because it has all your requirements - still check it out thoroughly. My importer bought two other Legnums that matched my requirements but it turned out they had problems so put them back through the auctions.

Anyway, I'm off to look out of the sunroof on my black manual vr4 :happy:

Nick Mann
16-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Colour and roof is narrowing it down, but I wouldn't think it was impossible. I guess your patience could be the limiting factor. Have you seen Col VR4's car? Indigo Blue can look black, until the sunlight hits it.

And anything can be retro-fitted to the right car, including the Recaros and the Manual box.

jolygreengiant
16-01-2009, 01:26 PM
I’m considering selling my V-R4.

Please check out the pics under my handle.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=82

The car is the original MMC 536, Ralliart’s own car. UK car. 1999.

The only difference is that the front driver/passenger windows have been tinted to help the appearance.

But the car is unmolested.

Mileage >70k just.

Recently serviced by Roy Haslet of Rally Car preparing fame.

Let me know what you think.

Adrian

colVR4
16-01-2009, 02:15 PM
My car looks black in most lights tbh. I had a black Galant V6 Sport and I did love the colour. This was the closest that I could get at the time and I have been happy with the colour. It is a very deep, dark blue.

See here for advert:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35411

Spice Boy
17-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Good luck with the search. If you are patient you will fnd what you want in the end - the thing is don't buy one just because it has all your requirements - still check it out thoroughly. My importer bought two other Legnums that matched my requirements but it turned out they had problems so put them back through the auctions.

Anyway, I'm off to look out of the sunroof on my black manual vr4 :happy:

I hope your sunroof breaks :P lol... Yeah I will still bare in mind about the condition and history etc when viewing a car.. no sense in buying a dog just because it has the features I want :)

Colour and roof is narrowing it down, but I wouldn't think it was impossible. I guess your patience could be the limiting factor. Have you seen Col VR4's car? Indigo Blue can look black, until the sunlight hits it.

And anything can be retro-fitted to the right car, including the Recaros and the Manual box.

Yeah I have spotted Col's car.. its a very nice example but I fear that even though its a nice colour, I would still be a little gutted inside that its not the black I want...

The retro-fitting side of things is partly what I look forward to with cars, so getting one that needs the recaro and 'box (even AYC at a push lol) etc fitted would be a very interesting and enjoyable challenge

I’m considering selling my V-R4.

Let me know what you think.

Adrian

Again its a nice looking example but its not quite what Im looking for, at the moment a legnum isnt what Im looking for. Thanks anyway :)

My car looks black in most lights tbh. I had a black Galant V6 Sport and I did love the colour. This was the closest that I could get at the time and I have been happy with the colour. It is a very deep, dark blue.

See here for advert:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35411

I have looked over your pics and agree it is a very nice colour and overall its a lush car..

I would prefer to buy from a club member as its history would be more complete, genuine and reliabale but I bought my last car in a different colour to what I wanted and in the 3 yars Ive owned her I have been gutted everyday that she isn't black.. Good luck with the sale though, Im sure you will get the right buyer and right price :)

HMG1K
17-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I would prefer to buy from a club member as its history would be more complete, genuine and reliabale but I bought my last car in a different colour to what I wanted and in the 3 yars Ive owned her I have been gutted everyday that she isn't black.. Good luck with the sale though, Im sure you will get the right buyer and right price :)

Even I'm tempted by jolygreengiant's car - though I've spent too much on mine with tracker unit, new audio upgrade and re-wiring to bother starting all over again.

ritch_w
17-01-2009, 10:29 PM
was black a colour option on the facelifts??

Keiran - what you say as resident VR4 Ninja?

bradc
17-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes it was, Pyrennes Black was an option all the way through.

Not sure what you need the ginger for though?

HMG1K
17-01-2009, 11:28 PM
From a previous posting on another thread - here were the interior and options on the VR4 saloon and estate. These are for the 'official' UK imports from the February 2001 brochure.

**OPTION ON MANUAL** Black/blue Recaro seats, black leather wrapped Momo steering wheel, gearshift and handbrake lever, aluminium effect trimmed centre and floor console panel.

**OPTION ON AUTO** Black/red Recaro seats, leather wrapped Momo steering wheel, gearshift and handbrake lever, carbon fibre effect trimmed centre and floor console panel.

**OPTION** Beige leather seat trim including door inserts, wood/leather Nardi steering wheel, woodprint centre console panel, gearshift and handbrake lever, two-tone interior.

It also goes on to say:

SEAT FABRIC COLOUR:

Cloth, charcoal/grey - manual
Cloth, black/red - auto

Driver's seat with lumbar support - only available on Recaro seats
Driver's seat with dual height adjustment - only available on leather interior

Exterior options it lists as:

Wheel arch extensions, colour keyed - auto only
Windows tinted, front/blacked out rear - estate only
Windows tinted, front and rear - saloon only

Active Yaw Control - auto only
Sunroof, electric, glass, with anti-trapping feature - option

COLOURS AVAILABLE:

Satellite Silver
Roanne Red
Indigo Blue
Trigger Mauve
Pyrenees Black
Diamond White (as opposed to Scotia White on the FTO and Evo VI)

ritch_w
18-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Not sure what you need the ginger for though?

wot u inferring you naughty boy? i guess black must be quite rare as i haven't seen one or owned one!

bradc
18-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Lol, I guess with your history if you haven't owned one it probably doesn't exist :)

RED
18-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Shame I'm not still selling mine :happy: but from what you've said I think it may be to modded and have to much mileage /rally

Good luck with the search!:pimp2: