PDA

View Full Version : Posts not being shown

Kieran
20-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Hmm - I've just tried to update Danwinn's thread as I think there's still post viewing problems, however, I can no longer see my own response!!:inquisiti

So a new thread to test what's going on and try again :)

Anyway - I just searched for 'New posts' and this thread came up as GreenGiant has just responded (10:25):

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37113

However, when I view the thread (either the whole thing or just the new post), I cannot see his response, the last three I see are from Philip (HMG1K) asking what the price is.

But if I view Green's profile, I can see his post in his 'Find all posts by user' list.

:inquisiti

And now the same thing has happened to me when I tried to report this exact problem in this thread:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37160

I wonder if it's because the databases are out of sync - So far I've only seen the issue with threads present before the crash. I also notice that I could reply to the 'back online' thread without a problem? :inquisiti

Kieran
20-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Hmm, well that showed up fine.

Let's see how a reply works...

Kieran
20-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Hmmm - Whilst I've just been mucking about, the problem seems to have gone! :speechles So you can close this thread now I think :)

elnevio
20-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I have the same problem with the JGG FS thread too - can't see page 2

Kieran
20-01-2009, 11:52 AM
I have the same problem with the JGG FS thread too - can't see page 2

Hmm, yeah you're right - I still can't see that either. Seems that's the only one so far, so it's not exactly a huge loss :)

Beastlee
20-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I've seen all the replies so far. Wonder if I can view those threads that appeared balnk to me the other day.

elnevio
20-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I have just notcied that JGG's thread shows on the front page (forum search view) that it has had 16 replies. Whereas on the thread itself, it's clearly more than this.

I will delete some of the duplicate posts to see if that helps.

elnevio
20-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Now shows 17 replies on the front page, and there are 18 posts in total - so it tallies. Whether it will work when it bumps over to a second page again is a mystery to me though...

There were no less than 5 identical posts by Philip! :D

Davezj
20-01-2009, 01:53 PM
just want to see if my post appears!

EDIT:-

Excellent!! i can see it.

richy rich
20-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Ive just had the same problem replying to the Ball thread it did not show up at first but after trying a few times to look at it it came up. Hummmm

elnevio
20-01-2009, 10:00 PM
That is weird Richy, I note that up to mrs elnevio's post, there are 62 posts, i.e. 61 replies. On the search page though, it still only shows 60 replies...