PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Question

Confused
21-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

Have a '98 V6-24 (estate) manual which I'm fitting High Contrast dials from a '99 auto into. Found the details on making it fit, but there's just one thing I've got a question about...

On the '98, there's 2 lights on the dash, an amber one "Cruise Main" when you "switch on" the cruise from the switch in the dash, and a green one "Cruise Set" when it's active.

On the HC dials, there's only a single Cruise light. Did the cruise on a later car with the HC dials not have a main power switch for the cruise, or does it just not display on the dashboard?

Garry

elnevio
21-01-2009, 04:13 PM
It's not a two-stage light is it?

Confused
21-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Don't think so, it appears to be a standard incandescent bulb, with just 2 contacts on the PCB.

I'm currently trawling my way through the wiring diagrams, both the original PHDE9608 and the 99-addendum PHDE9608-B, to find out which pin(s) are used on the earlier one for cruise!

HMG1K
21-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Facelift models had cruise as an option - so this was on the HC dials. As it was an option the lights you want to light up weren't connected.

If cruise was optioned, you got a seperate stalk for the cruise control (switching it on / off, setting the speed etc) as opposed to the standard fit pre-facelifts where the settings were on a paddle on the steering wheel.

Have a look at the photos in my gallary and you'll see the option cruise controld fit.

Confused
21-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Ahhh, I see!

So is the light on the dash the "You can use cruise now" light, or the "Cruise is active and driving the car for you" light?

There looks to be a green LED on the stalk itself by the RES/ACC, is this the opposite of the light in the HC dash?

Thanks, HMG1K!

HMG1K
21-01-2009, 07:14 PM
That's it - the green light on the stalk is that the cruise control feature is 'on'. press the button again and it goes out to show it's off.

The actual icons you want to work on the HC dials that relate to cruise don't work on this Mitsubishi aftermarket fit.

Turbo_Steve
21-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I think it might be time for the soldering iron to come out, then :)

Confused
25-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Woo this thread has reappeared! I thought it had been lost into the depths of space and time...

As for the soldering iron... it's already been out once this year to fix the clocks in the Galants, don't want to go overworking it by making it be used for a second time too soon... /lol

Time to mess about - as I've got the lights working in the non-HC dash, then I can have at least the Cruise Set light working in the HC dash... going to have to either figure something else out (like a dual-colour LED), or do the unspeakable and just look down at the main Cruise switch in the dash by the door....

Dual-colour LED it is, I thinks! ;) It'll look cooler... and make me sound more like a twat... /haz

Confused
28-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Decided in the end to just quit fiddling and get the darn thing installed without messing around with the cruise lights! ;)

So no "Cruise Main" equivelant light, I, or should I say, mesobitchy, wil have to look down to see if the cruise is enabled ;)

Pictures in the "The Hearse" thread in Random Photos etc ;)

Garry