PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kent

Listy
06-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi All....

Listy here from deepest darkest Kent, or Dave if you'd prefer. Please do not imediately jump to the conclusion that I am a mad red dwarf fan, sadly my name really is Dave Lister so what else could be my nickname......

I've defected from the ranks of Impreza ownership due to some practicality issues and have just paid the deposit on a Legnum VR4 type-S. Allready apptly named the flying Hearse it's as black as it gets. Bronze Volke Monoblock Alloys, Aftermarket Stainless rear Box (To be indentified) and a new Dump Valve are fitted at present, but I'm sure it won't be to long before the prospect of squeezing some more Horses out of her will get the better of me and my wallet.

I had a 2.5 V6 Galant for a year as a company car previously and i was most impressed. The wife has an FTO at the moment so when buying an estate was required what else was there...........

I've always been a regular at all the Jap meets and shows so I'd hope now to join you guys in convoy and on stands this year...... I'll just have to dye all my impreza t-shirts red and black and get some Ralliart badges first....

Anyways, good to see such a well run and laid out site for what is a I suppose a lesser known Jap Rice Rocket. As soon as the car is delivered I'll get some decent piccies up.

All the best

Listy

Nick Mann
06-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Welcome on board!

Hope you enjoy your time with the car. (Black, eh? The only reason I don't like black estates is the nickname yours already has!!) Looking forward to the pictures!

If you haven't already, look at the members cars section, in the club vr-4 menu above. Quite a few legnums here!

enigma
06-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Welcome on board!

Hope you enjoy your time with the car. (Black, eh? The only reason I don't like black estates is the nickname yours already has!!) Looking forward to the pictures!

If you haven't already, look at the members cars section, in the club vr-4 menu above. Quite a few legnums here!

You will also notice that for some reason the Legnums rule the strip!!

Pete 13.89
Dave 13.99
Derek 14.01

Plenty of tuning potential, but also beware of expensive rebuilds as there are not too many of these in the country let alone at the breakers!

Listy
06-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Many thanks for the replies guys....They're some impressive times for the strip without a doubt. I was at Santa Pod last year for the Jap RWYB day and there was many a fellow impreza driver would have killed to get in the 13's, me included.

Mind you on that day I would have killed for a new clutch ...lol.... Having fried mine releasing 280 scooby horses on Tower Bridge trying to attract David Blaines attention with 40+ more Scoobs, I was destined not to be setting wheel on that famous Pod Tarmac.

Hey ho... Maybe this year eh. It'll be nice to stuff some of the old faces with the the new hearse.... It's a proper Stealth fighter guys, trust me.

Nick VR4
06-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Hi Dave and welcome to the club
Hope you join as a full member ;)

Physician
06-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi Listy,

Just joined recently myself ..... strongly suggest you join up as full member as mentioned in last post as there is a mine of info available to members.

Richard

Listy
06-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Will join as soon as the Stealth Hearse arrives Gents. Which with any luck should be next week (ish)

Spirit
06-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Welcome aboard Dave, hope you enjoy the site and look forward to seeing you real soon - have a look at the Japfest thread in the Events section - maybe you care to join us for that - we have room on the stand still ;)

Pete M
07-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Welcome aboard, Dave, it must look like a mean machine. When we were looking, my wife was negative about a dark green VR-4, saying that looked like a hearse. Not many black ones over here, pearl white (like mine) are most common. Mind you, I had a dark blue-grey pearl Eunos before, and it used to get frying hot in our summer. At least the white stays much cooler. Ah, but that won't be a problem for you, will it ;) . I bet you're counting the hours hee hee. Your name could be worse, couldn't it. Have some sympathy, there's probably some poor guy out there called Arnold Rimmer :-D . Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Regards
Pete

Listy
07-04-2004, 09:21 AM
Hello Spirit and Pete.

I did Japfest last year and it was excellent so I should definately be up for this one.

Pete you're right about the heat issue with the hearse..lol. Mind you it's never stopped me before. When I got my first ever company car years ago it was an Audi A4, At the time it was a choice between 16"steel wheels on a Black car With climate..... or 17" Alloys on Black car with Sunroof.

Of course I went for Wheels.......... Bloody hot and sweaty in the summer but looked the business when clean...

Just incase it works I'll try this. If the Pics are here don't take to much notice of the Roof rack. It came over with the car apparantly so it's been left on.

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/cars/SUBARU/3738.JPG

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/cars/SUBARU/3739.JPG

All the best

Dave

venomboy
07-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Nice looker dave , as it happens my wife and I share that same car combi, she black FTO, me Indigo blue legnum VR4 (kiddie transport). Mitsubishi montage!
VB
BTW, tiptronic or manual?

enigma
07-04-2004, 09:59 AM
If the Pics are here don't take to much notice of the Roof rack. It came over with the car apparantly so it's been left on.

If you dont want it ;)

Then I can have the pee taken even more! Towbar and a roof rack!!!

Listy
07-04-2004, 10:08 AM
VB - Auto/Tip mate. I have a Sister in Aberdeen, a Brother in Sheffield, Mum and Dad near Nottingham. Got Offices in Glasgow and Oldham and I live in Kent about 25 miles off the south coast.... I feared another Manual after the impreza may result in a left leg of Shwaranegger like proportion..lol.

Sadly I shall be retaining the roof rack (Even if garaged when not in use) It will come in handy for transporting the mountain bike. Mind you saying that I'm not sure how long it will last cos it Whistles more than James Last when fitted......

Dave

Listy
17-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Car ready to be picked up Tuesday afternoon.............

Soooooooo damn excited now it hurts.

Look forward to Japfest, I'm hoping to have the private plate on by then aswell so the car will need no introduction...... L15TY #

Spirit
18-04-2004, 07:16 AM
Thats great news Dave ! :-D

I have penciled you in for the stand at Japfest - hope thats ok ? You will need to either order your entrance tickets from the Japfest website (£8 per head) or on the day (£10 per head).

Now the question is......can we tempt you into purchasing any track time so early in the life of VR4 ownership ? The club has 2 sessions booked, and many of us are running in both.

Pete