PDA

View Full Version : experience on tein lowering springs?

Ben
05-02-2009, 07:39 PM
anyone had experience with these with the stock dampers? i dont want a hard coilover ride and i dont wanna be bouncing around cus the spring rates are naff. i basically want the nice ride of stock but the lowered look to set it off a bit nicer..

so how do they ride? they a lot harder or same etc? thankyou

bradc
05-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I've got Tanabe lowering springs which have virtually the same spring rates and lowering as the Teins. They are fine to drive on and aren't too stiff

WildCards
05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Kieran did, and i'm sure a few other members have aswell.

I was really impressed with with the setup when I went in Kierans old car, although he had other modifications which may have affected it, I thought the car sat at a nice usable height and felt comfortable but taught at the same time.

Mark 4
05-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm very likely to go the same route. How much do they lower by ?

Mr.Salas
05-02-2009, 11:54 PM
I love my Tein coilover, they are soft. But it depends how you adjust the damper force thingy. I have the super wagon setup.

Ben
06-02-2009, 03:42 PM
think they lower about 25mm?

Roadrunner
07-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I have the Tein Super Wagon kit on my VR-4 saloon and find it excellent. Ride is still comfortable, but handling significantly improved :)

fluffnik
07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I have the Tein Super Wagon kit on my VR-4 saloon and find it excellent. Ride is still comfortable, but handling significantly improved :)

How close to standard ride height?

My current setup is far too low, so I'm looking for something close to stock height.

Roadrunner
07-02-2009, 08:17 PM
No, it has lowered the car quite a bit, probably by the 25mm that Ben mentioned.

Eurospec
07-02-2009, 11:27 PM
No real experiance of anything other than tein coilovers on vr4s, but the lowering springs are excellent on fto, gto and evo.

Of all the springs they are the dearest, but they tend not to boink like a couple of makes do (binding spring coils) and the rates seem to be appropriate. My evo was hard though to be fair.

Cheers

Ben.

fluffnik
08-02-2009, 01:59 AM
No, it has lowered the car quite a bit, probably by the 25mm that Ben mentioned.

Hmmm...

I don't know how lowered ours is, but it's lots - doing some comparisons on the 28th is probably an idea.

alex k
09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I´ve got the springs in my legnum since 4 weeks. It´s a little bit harder as stock but very good to drive on bad roads, too.

Subaru ETA
09-02-2009, 10:04 PM
i had tein coil overs in my legnum. even when the thing was so low you couldnt get your hand between the wheel arch and the tyre it was still a very comfy ride.

i have king springs in my galant and am very happy with them. no experience with the tein springs tho sorry

Kelly&Ben
28-02-2009, 01:26 PM
oh and will archs need rolling and where's cheapest place to buy em?

Nick Mann
28-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Rolling arches is only required if you want wide wheels or a small offset.

I bought my Super Wagons from RHD Japan but that was when the exchange rate was good. Not sure that they are comparable to Tein Springs though, as the Super Wagons are a complete coilover package with adjustable height and damper rate. Camskill sell most of the Tein products I think, so that should be a good place to start.

White Lightning
28-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Tein Super Wagon coilovers here too ... and as has been said you can adjust the ride height and dampening.

I love them!