PDA

View Full Version : Rattling doors (With music)

andydckent
08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
It seems that there is an annoying rattle in the front passenger side and rear drivers side doors when I turn my cd player up to a certain volume. It seems to be temporerally cured by winding the windows down and up but always comes back. Has anyone had this problem or managed to cure it by removing the door cards (before I start ripping my car apart).

Thanks

Andy

HMG1K
08-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I'd take the door cards off the offending doors to see if the speaker or its casing has come loose - or something similar, perhaps the door card is loose?

andydckent
23-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Well I finally got round to taking off the door cards. The front left speaker didn't seem to have any obvious rattling and stopped when I replaced the door card. However it has now started again.

The rear right speaker appears to have ripped a certain amount around the curve and is therefore buzzing away as well.

Not sure really what I should be doing, perhaps replacing the speakers with either new ones or ones from someone who is breaking there car (if anyone is).

Does anyone have any experience of this problem or has solved it / can make some suggestions as to what I should do?

I am no expert in car audio but I'd like to have decent sound without spending too much. I have a nice sony headunit that I moved over from my old colt.

Thanks

Andy

Fully
23-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Replace your speakers, factory are poo when they start to age.
4" in the front.
6"/6.5" in the rear.

Goku
23-02-2009, 07:21 AM
I think you mean 6"/6.5" in the front and 6/6.5" in the rear

The fronts are 6" if they are in the doors, 4" if they are in the dash :D

AndyD
23-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Have you considered using sound deadening material. I don't know much on this myself, but I believe this can help with rattles... can anyone else elaborate?

andydckent
23-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Can are there any audio experts on here who can recommend decent 6.5" speakers that I can buy (without breaking the bank) that should fit in the car?

(will 6.5" fit in bother front and back doors without modification?)

Also, should I be replacing the tweeters or will they be ok?

Would having uprated speakers allow me to turn the volume on the stereo past 20?

Cheers

Andy

foxdie
23-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Seconded, need to replace the speaker in the drivers door so might as well do the lot :)