PDA

View Full Version : Evo meet near Nottingham Easter Sunday.

Nick Mann
08-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Don't know if any of you will be interested, but the MLR are having a regional meet in Gunthorpe, near Nottingham, on Easter sunday. I can't make it (London with the outlaws) but if any of you are interested, let me know or check out the regional meets on the lancer register.

A few of you probably only live a couple of miles away!

wirdy
08-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I can't go Nick, but do us 'grown-up EVO' owners get a good reception with the EVO crowd?
I enjoy any venue where like-minded people can chat & swap opinions- both cars & motorcycles included. Some of those modded EVO's are lovely- wish I could a) afford one b) make do without an estate car c) look young enough to drive a Lancer :-D

Nick Mann
09-04-2004, 10:11 AM
I gate-crashed an MLR regional meet recently and was made to feel welcome by the few people I spoke to. I didn't stay long (other things to do) and got told off by some on th MLR as they wanted to have a look at the car! Several confessed they would choose a VR4 if they needed to go bigger or less obvious than an Evo.

I think they are mostly people who like chatting about their cars. If we had a regional meet and an Evo owner or two turned up, I would be glad to see them!

What do you think?

wirdy
09-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Well, we suffer GLS owners I suppose :-D :-D - so it would be hypocritical not extend our warmth and friendship to the whole Mitsi fraternity.

I think any cool (tasteful) ricer would be welcome at one of our meets ( maybe draw the line above Pajero's though - apart from the hot one!) :)

Kieran
09-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Well, we suffer GLS owners I suppose.........

:stunned: :stare: :veryangry :argue: :furious3: :whip: :gun2: :arse: :soapbox:

And that's all I have to say on the matter!!! :-D

Japmetal
10-04-2004, 10:47 AM
You fancy this Kieran ? I'm in the area this weekend so would be cool to meet up, chat & drool at the expensive cars :-D

Kieran
10-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Hmmm Maybe!

I'll check with t'other half and let you know ;)