PDA

View Full Version : ABS Light

BraindG
09-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Finally found the VR4 keys this morning, went for a spin... about 10 miles.. then dropped off betty...

when i was on my way back, i noticed the ABS light was on.. braked hard a few times.. then floored it a few times.. and it stayed on.. so i pulled over... left it for about 1 mins, and turned the car on again, all the checks were done, however the ABS light was still on... but after a further 20 seconds, it went off and stayed off...

im at work, and dont have the manual so i did a quick search in this forum for ABS, but didnt find any posts entitled with what i was looking for...

so the question is, anyone got any ideas why it did this?

thanks

Roadrunner
09-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Mostly guesswork this, but ... possible dirty ABS sensor? AFAIK, there's an ABS sensor on each hub, monitoring the wheel rotation. Your car hasn't been used for some time while you've been away (I'm assuming ;) ), so I guess it's possible that one (or more) of the sensors has become contaminated.

Brian

Welcome back, btw! :)

enigma
09-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Mostly guesswork this, but ... possible dirty ABS sensor? AFAIK, there's an ABS sensor on each hub, monitoring the wheel rotation. Your car hasn't been used for some time while you've been away (I'm assuming ;) ), so I guess it's possible that one (or more) of the sensors has become contaminated.

Brian

Welcome back, btw! :)

I thought this too, but refrained from posting as I remembered it had been off the road for 6 months and had no similar problem! :undecided

zedy1
09-04-2004, 06:44 PM
could be the nsf connector loose which you pluged in