PDA

View Full Version : My auto gearbox goes wrong

ZZToP
18-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Guys, help me please.
It's the second day I start my car, then set gearbox lever into Drive position, it does a punch into the transmission, and sets 2nd gear.
It doesn't change to any other gears except 2nd and rear (i mean, 1-3-4-5), during 1-2 kilometers, doesn't matter if I rev it high or stop the car. It doesn't go neither up nor down.

After 1-2 kilometers it accidently changes to 3rd while the car goes faster, and after that everything works OK till the next morning.

No errors from gearbox ECU nor from main ECU.

Gearbox is filled up to level with fresh MMC DiaQueen SPIII month ago (2000 kms since then), and outer oil filter was changed at the same time.

Gearbox oil doesn't look burnt or overheated, it has a good smell and colour, without any small pieces in it.

What can it be? and what should I do?

Ghost_2008
18-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Could be cold fluids.... how cold is where you are?

What fluids do you have in the gearbox?

Have you checked the fluid levels?

I would start with these and see what happens, I am by no means an expert but this is a good place to get you answers........

ZZToP
18-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Could be cold fluids.... how cold is where you are?

+10 celcius this morning.

What fluids do you have in the gearbox?

MMC Dia Queen SPIII

Have you checked the fluid levels?

Yep, level is OK.

I would start with these and see what happens, I am by no means an expert but this is a good place to get you answers........

Thanks for help anyway.

elnevio
18-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Some sort of sticking solenoid perhaps, that starts working as it warms up?

What happens if you drive it in tiptronic mode, can you change gears normally then?

ZZToP
18-02-2009, 12:16 PM
No, even in tiptronic mode I cannot change the gear, there's no reaction.

GalantOnly
24-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Sounds like solenoid problem...

ZZToP
25-02-2009, 06:52 AM
That's awful..
Will try to change solenoids. Does anyone have part numbers for those?