19-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Heads-up.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week09sunday09.htm?WT.z_src=main

Kieran
19-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Must not look at the tools of lovely....... Oh, damn... /pan

WildCards
19-02-2009, 09:22 PM
That air chisel looks awesomely manly doesn't it? It just oozes blokeyness, they should have photographed it next to a pint of ale, a bloody t-bone steak and a bottle of Blair's 16 Million Reserve. I'd have bought it without question.

Kieran
19-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Heh - And if it were called the 'Air Chisel Destructor 5000' then it's perfection would be complete! :D

Davezj
19-02-2009, 10:36 PM
i will have to get some of these, nice post.

the filter/lubricator is a good price, plus i could do with the drill and shears/snips might have to ask the wife if i can have a belated valentine prezzy.
or an early end of finantial year prezzy.
you can only try and make it a new tradition of tool giving.
what do think.

kiteman
20-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Be very careful, look at the ft/lb and cfm rating they are claiming. For starters the 1/2" impact gun claims 230 ft/lb of torque, a basic gun in the motor trade is 400 ft/lb and thats the lower end of the scale. Most decent guns are around 600 ft/lb's.
As for the rest of the tools you will need a compressor 2 to 3 times the size of the one they are advertising to power them and keep them running.
If you will imagine, their compressor will run for 2 minutes to fill the resevoir tank and any of the tools advertised will drain it in 10 seconds or thereabouts.
So you will have to wait for 2 minutes each time for the compressor to catch up in order to get another 10 seconds of airtool working time.
The old saying goes, if it looks too good to be true it usually is.
Aldi in Ireland brought out this deal about 3 years ago, and the result was as explained above.