PDA

View Full Version : she is now mine :D

evilscoop
26-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Well I just picked her up and drove her the 20 miles back home....
I was expecting a car this size to be a bit lardy round the corners, or to feel stupidly heavy.....not a bit of it
If it wasn't for the fact i have tons of room round me, id think i was in the gto

I loved my aggressive, nimble gt4 with a passion, had I known that a vr4 was so much fun yet more comfortable, id have traded in long ago :D

Have to say that auto box is not bad, its better than any other auto ive tried, ill be it they were volvo's :D

So time to commence the modding >|
im so tempted to rip the avcr out the gto....must resist :D

foxdie
26-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Tell me about it, its an eerie feeling being in a car that feels so spacious yet is very nimble around corners. I love it ^_^

My next mods gonna be a carputer, just won a 7" TFT on eBay, need to figure out how to fabricate a double din mount for it now *scratches head*

Danj
26-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Jason - you could see if anyone has a spare mmcs cradle that you could modify slightly? Not completely sure but it would be worth a try?

evilscoop
26-02-2009, 06:15 PM
i have a car puter in the gto
tbh in the gto the screen just slotted in, but im gonna move it from the gto to the leggy, so ill be there with you in a few months

TAR
26-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, they are fun aren't they. /rally
:happy:

crazydriver81
27-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Welcome aboard evilscoop! :D

@ Jason "Foxdie":

What is so difficult to put a 7" TFT into a double DIN size cut out? If the monitor has a stand supplied (I believe it has) than put it with some acrylic glue onto the sunglass holder... I've done that before in a friends Leggie and it worked very well. Just to give you an idea... ;)

cheers :afro:

foxdie
27-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Sadly the monitor is sans-case, it was taken from another car, its just the internals hence winning it for cheap. I'm thinking I can get 2 x single DIN blanking plates, bridge them together and then cut out a hole for the TFT...

evilscoop
27-02-2009, 09:42 AM
the old school way for doing the monitors was to remove the plastic case, mount all the boards with spaces between (depending on pcb's this can end up being 3 or 4 "layers" of pcb), and use 90degree angle bracket type fasteners at the base of the spacer stand offs
These brackets can often be fastened to the sides of the din cage, though you might have to build the board layers in situ from the back to front to get the screws in...

Often you can finish this off with some after market bezel or a bit of fiberglassing