PDA

View Full Version : Hello

domino03
11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi ive just bought a Legnum GDI4 VIENTO (sorry no turbos) does any body have this varient? I cant get on with the touch screen which controls the cd stacker my radio needs expanding and ineed a new battery in the key. Any information any body can give me would be appreciated the car is S reg 1998.Thanks in anticipation

adam_shaw
11-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Hiya,

Lack of Turbos is no problem, there are many of us here with 'only' the V6 / 2.0lt, and all Galants/Legnums are welcome.

The touch screen is called MMCS (some people in here would knaw off a limb for one of those), if you do a search above you should turn something up, also just search the web for MMCS.

As for the key battery, I'm sure you can get what you need from Halfords,

Welcome, and good luck.

Adam

KiwiTT
11-04-2004, 09:00 PM
:welcome: to the Club.

Just remember with the GDI use the best quality fuel you can get.

domino03
11-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome nice to be here another little niggle with the mmcs is it beeps at me every now and then and the graphics keep changing (annoying when driving) Thanks for any advice.

Kieran
11-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome nice to be here another little niggle with the mmcs is it beeps at me every now and then and the graphics keep changing (annoying when driving) Thanks for any advice.

I think that could be because there's a route still programmed into it, and It's warning you when you're deviating from it (which isn't hard when you've got Japan maps loaded!).

Or - could be the external temp sensor playing up, and reporting that the external temp is below 3 degrees? Does your aircon work ok?

Or... Could be a radio/rds function - but don't ask what, as I haven't yet got round to removing and retrofitting the MMCS to my car in order to produce a guide!

domino03
12-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Air con seems to be ok, i have a big silver box connected inthe boot is that part of the mmsc also have a smaller silver box with a loom which has been disconected and left in boot dont know what that is .would it help in your research?

Kieran
12-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Does the disconnected box look anything like the ones in these pictures? If so, they're part of the TV system. It seems that most MMCS systems have the TV units disconnected when they enter the UK - probably because people get fed up of listening to interferance (like you get when the a normal TV is not tuned in correctly).

domino03
12-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Disconnected box seems to be like yours , what is the big box in the compartment in the boot it looks as though a dvd or cd could be inserted but that one is all connected up. The other thing i wanted to know is can i get the radio expanded without interfering with the system as i can only get radio 2 Thanks for your help

adam_shaw
12-04-2004, 01:14 PM
You can buy an FM radio expander, which will stretch (or expand) ;) the FM spectrum.

Your MMCS will still think it's tuning over the same range.

These are inline, and your antenna cable plugs in one end, and the other goes to the radio.

Just do a search for radio expander on Maplin or RS or just google. Sure something will turn up....

A

Kieran
12-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Disconnected box seems to be like yours , what is the big box in the compartment in the boot it looks as though a dvd or cd could be inserted but that one is all connected up. The other thing i wanted to know is can i get the radio expanded without interfering with the system as i can only get radio 2 Thanks for your help

The big metal clad box is the satnav system. You insert a map CD into it and away you go. Unfortunately, I don't think the UK satnav discs work in it:(