PDA

View Full Version : Wood interior replacement

foxdie
05-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi all. I might get lynched for saying this, but I don't really like the wood center console / dash. I'd like to get it replaced with something like carbon fibre or aluminium effect trim, anyone know how to do this? Where to buy etc?

BTW mine is the double DIN unit, same as the picture below, although I'd prefer double DIN I may sacrifice this for a tasteful single DIN solution.

uploaded/51922/1236243679.jpg

White Lightning
05-03-2009, 10:24 AM
You can replace the wood bits with a carbon effect dash from one of the later models ... do a search on one of my recent threads and you will see photos where I have done just that.

CANDEE
05-03-2009, 10:37 AM
You can get a stick on carbon sheeting that will go one... Its similar to the clear school book coverings you can get. :) I think Miller has done it(could be wrong on the person though).

You could also paint it.

I have a factory green carbon center console(yuk) that I will eventually cover in the grey carbon covering. :)

J

foxdie
05-03-2009, 10:55 AM
You can replace the wood bits with a carbon effect dash from one of the later models ... do a search on one of my recent threads and you will see photos where I have done just that.

Wayne, did you sell your old painted trim to Kelly? If not, is it for sale?

miller
05-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Here is mine! See link below.
I have a spare set of interior panels you can have for free. I got these off another member for free too. So long as you promise to post on your set when it becomes spare to the next guy who is changing/covering his console.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35081

foxdie
05-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Here is mine! See link below.
I have a spare set of interior panels you can have for free. I got these off another member for free too. So long as you promise to post on your set when it becomes spare to the next guy who is changing/covering his console.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35081

Bloody hell, didn't realise the forum is that close-knit. If you're okay with that you have my word I'll post on mine to the next guy when the time comes. I'll PM you my address.

White Lightning
05-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Wayne, did you sell your old painted trim to Kelly? If not, is it for sale?

No, in fact I have not even contacted her about it. I will find out if she wants it and if not you can have second dibs. There are two things to remember about it though:

1). The paint is starting to crack around the vents (this is the man reason I changed it).

And ...

2). There is a hole cut into the bit in front of the shifter as this is where the aftermarket fog light switch is fitted.

I could throw in a tin of matching spray paint that I bought to redo the vent part if you wanted though ...

foxdie
05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Millers got something for me, he's gonna drop it off Saturday, will let you know if I'm still interested / to see if you had any luck with Kelly :)

elnevio
05-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I've seen miller's dash with this stuff - it is very impressive.

A thought, (and this doesn't sound ideal) but can that stuff be used on the steering wheel wood? I guess there might be safety and/or wearing out issues though...

White Lightning
05-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Millers got something for me, he's gonna drop it off Saturday, will let you know if I'm still interested / to see if you had any luck with Kelly :)

Kelly has just PM'd me to say that she doesn't want it as she didn't realise it was painted (she thought it was a standard part) so let me know if you still want it after the weekend.

foxdie
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Kelly has just PM'd me to say that she doesn't want it as she didn't realise it was painted (she thought it was a standard part) so let me know if you still want it after the weekend.

Okay, just in case, how much you looking for it?

White Lightning
06-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Okay, just in case, how much you looking for it?

You have PM :happy:

Wodjno
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Is she still looking for a standard 1 ? As i keep having to step over 2 standard 1's everytime i enter my garage /pan

White Lightning
06-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Is she still looking for a standard 1 ? As i keep having to step over 2 standard 1's everytime i enter my garage /pan

Only if it's not a wood one ...

Fully
07-03-2009, 01:23 AM
I painted mine the same colour as my car =)
Its in my gallery.
lol that was funny, as I done it twice, thanks to my brother.