PDA

View Full Version : A/T ecu and boost control

peter thomson
06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
As seen in the other thread Keith's car is running a pre facelift ecu at the moment. Shifts are still a bit weird and between 2 and 3rd it feels as if it was slipping. It didn't do this with the facelift ecu.

What is surprising is that before the prefacelift was fitted boost would peak at .9 bar. With the pre face it is now 0.69. There would appear to be comms between the 2 ecu's to control boost. I don't think this has been mentioned before and seems to be an interesting result.

bradc
06-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Interesting, engine or gearbox ecu?

keithatport
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
we have changed the gearbox ecu to a pre facelift one, the engine ecu is still the original facelift item.

Turbo_Steve
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
This was briefly discussed elsewhere, and an oscilliscope put onto the "AT" line from the ECU, but nothing could be spotted happening. Not sure if that moves things along any further, or whether it just underlines that we don't know what we're looking for!

As you guys are having so much fun, would you fancy disconnecting the "AT" Ecu line whilst the facelift AT ECU is in to see if it makes any difference?

peter thomson
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Probably could but I've just found that the T/C is leaking. It was a new seal as well as we changed it before fitting the box/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

Turbo_Steve
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Sweepstake on first swearword used? I reckon it started with B.

peter thomson
06-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Sweepstake on first swearword used? I reckon it started with B.

lol you're the winner Steve. Refitted the facelift ecu and back to normal pressure