PDA

View Full Version : ralliart suspension

kay
08-03-2009, 06:53 PM
i got ralliart suspension on my vr4,but its too dam low,its has the white colour ralliart legs with the four position setting on the top of the front legs(don't know what they do,got them on number 4 on booth side,got it like that,left it like that),i was thinking of making it a bit higher then it is,can i change the the springs to the stock springs or is the legs that make it low.the speed humps don't like my car at all,changed the flexy joint on the down pipes once all ready,and looks like ill have a bigger problem when i get the rpw down pipes.i need to do something.

AlanDITD
08-03-2009, 07:03 PM
sell it to me?

bradc
08-03-2009, 07:06 PM
You most likely have lowering springs on the car. You'll have to change them to something higher.

peter thomson
08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Keithatport has the same suspension but the springs on his give plenty of clearence so as Brad said it must have lowering springs as well. Keith has the RPW pipes fitted as well

kay
08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
that's what i am trying to find out,can the springs on the ralliart legs be changed or do thy have there own fitting or can i put stock springs on the ralliart legs.

kay
08-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Keithatport has the same suspension but the springs on his give plenty of clearence so as Brad said it must have lowering springs as well. Keith has the RPW pipes fitted as well

the bumper has been hit its cracked on 1 corner the tow hook cover has gone missing and on every speed hump it hits the bottom,1st hits on the down pipes and then if i take it from the side it then hits under the driver side or passenger side depending on what way i take it,its too low

kay
10-03-2009, 02:53 PM
so i take it no one knows what springs can go on 2 the ralliart legs.

crazydriver81
10-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Have you checked if there is any print on the springs? Maybe could be a hint which type of springs you have and then you could try to find springs which are not that low... Just an idea.

As far as I know, the shock absorbers from RalliArt where made to replace the original ones, also with the OE springs. These were an option in Japan, without any lowering springs. The shock absorbers are made by Kayaba (KYB) and can be 4-ways adjusted in stiffness.

You should not have these problems if you go along with Tein springs. When I got my car, there where RS-R springs in it, lowered the car by 50mm. It was enough clearance to go everywhere and even pass speed bumps (at least the german ones).

hope that helps...

kay
10-03-2009, 08:40 PM
thanks for that,i shall look for some type of number tomorrow,they do look very alike to the stock ones,but didn't want to go and get them if they do not fit