PDA

View Full Version : I've got adjustable shocks ?!?

KiwiTT
12-04-2004, 04:14 AM
I was showing my car to an expert, and he spotted that I had adjustable shocks. With the car being lowered already and now this, and the firmer springs. I am now more motivated to find out what I am riding on.

Also it would appear to adjust from 1-4 and they are currently on 2. Not sure if they adjust up or down (i.e. is 1 the firmest or 4 the firmest)

Lurch
12-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Wow.. I keep finding stuff like this on my car... no idea what the settings are though..

Only just found that I have a dump/blow off valve aswell, but only seems to show itself when it feels like it....

Takes quite abit to get it to make that wonderful sound. But then I havent tried the tip tronic mode yet :)

zedy1
12-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Richard are the shiks white colured ralliart ones and only the rears could be adjusted?

lurch all the vr4 have a standard recirculating valve and can be heard sometimes :-b

Brind
12-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Nice find Kiwi.

The recirc dump can be heard especially with an induction system.
Sounds more manly than these higher pitched pishhhhhh dump valves.. :lipsrseal :-D

KiwiTT
12-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Richard are the shiks white colured ralliart ones and only the rears could be adjusted?

I have a tap type dial on the rear shocks.
A small screwdriver dial on the front on the tops of the shocks, where they join the body work.

I have circled where the dial is on this picture.

Nimma
12-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Generally speaking, 1 is the softest and 4 is the hardest

KiwiTT
13-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Generally speaking, 1 is the softest and 4 is the hardest

Sheesh: And I thought they were firm already, I got another 2 clicks to make them firmer. :D

Lurch
13-04-2004, 04:02 PM

lurch all the vr4 have a standard recirculating valve and can be heard sometimes :-b

Does this mean theres no point in buying a dump valve? :)

Freddy
20-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi Lurch, it will only make the ppssshhhh sound only in tiptronic as you need to hold gear. Accelerate hard then lift your foot off the gas straight away as though you were changing gear in a manual, this should work, it does for me. I have an after market b /o valve by the way but I could hear the stock item if the stereo was turned off :-D

ShadyNZer
21-09-2004, 01:12 AM
nah it works if your not in tiptronic as well, ive done it a couple of times