PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access member's articles

davcom1
10-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Sounds a bit dodgy I know...

But in reality, I'm trying to access some of the older articles/resources but when I try to change the date at the bottom of the page I get an error stating that I do not have permission or summat!?

Help because I want to do some servicing soon! /nag

Thanks.

Spirit
10-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Works fine for me Dave. Can you try again.

When I click on the articles link, my default age is "Beginning" and I get 11 pages come up......how many are you getting ?

davcom1
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi Pete,

Here's how I break it...(!)...

Visit clubvr4.com and I'm already logged on as davcom1.

Then I click on "FORUMS" from the right and then "ARTICLES" from the resources menu towards the top of the page.

The list says "Showing 1-6 of 6" and at the bottom is a "Display Options" menu, so I choose "From the 'beginning'" and get the following:

davcom1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've now found the posts I needed using advanced search but thank you for taking a look mate!! :happy:

Spirit
10-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Hmmm, will need Wayne to look at that.

How about this link:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135

davcom1
10-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks for trying Pete. The link you sent gives the same result - 6 articles and not allowed to change the date range as above.

Gives a similar response as previously...

davcom1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
We may be able to help - simply send £25 direct to Wayne's Swiss Bank AC and he might let you in! /pan

Spirit
10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Looking into it now for you mate.....so please hang fire as you may need to redirect that payment to my Plympton bank account :happy: Oh, and as it's interrupting me watching Liverpool it will be £50 /yes /lol

Edit: Can't see anything obvious wrong, can another member please try and let us know the results....thank you

davcom1
10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Again - thanks mate.

L'pool are doing well too, sounds like a good match but I'm listening to the Wolves via their web site so have plenty of opportunity to bug you! :smartass2

Nick Mann
10-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I get all displayed with "from the beginning" as the criteria. If I change that to another date range I get a message "You did not select any valid threads"

Spirit
10-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Yep me too.........WAYNE ?

peter thomson
10-03-2009, 10:16 PM
If I use the search function at the bottom I get the same permission info problem

Spirit
10-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks Peter - at least the issue is consistant and not just with Dave

davcom1
10-03-2009, 10:19 PM
There must be a "pond life" user level! :thinking2