PDA

View Full Version : Alarm fitting - Help :S

Piers1989
10-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I have reently purchased and almost finished fitting my new flacon predator evo4 + (http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/falcon-predator-evo4-pager-alarm-with-remote-start-p-30.html)

After alot of messing about ive been able to identify and connect most wires, thus now have the alarm itself working and remote central locking sorted.
Though I could not find the handbrake light cable or alternator light cable. I removed the dials and they were all on a PCB interface rather than cables. I have found that I can bypass the alternator light by conencting it directly to a +12v, and in general i can bypass the handbrake light by simply grounding that wire. But the problem I have is that i believe the turbo timer will ONLY activate if it detects the engine has been running for over 5 minutes AND the handbrake has been disengaged, and then re-engaged, which means i cant simply ground it. Also right now the remote start isnt working properly (it keeps turning the started motor for about 0.05 of a second and then turning all of the car off).

Anyone who could help with finding the handbrake and/or alternator cable would be much appreciated :)

pitslayer
10-03-2009, 10:23 PM
ALternator cables are on the back of the alternator( clever is me ;)) the alternator light though is just the battery light on the dash thats what mine came up with when my alternator went... This also lights up when the key is turned

Handbrake light, I would assume would be on the switch for the handbrake, if you take the cup holder out, and side panel off the center console you might see the switch dont know what it looks like, but this will also be intergrated into the low brake fluid level system, as they use the same light, so be carefull with that

Piers1989
11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info. I dont have the tools or equipment to get to the alternator but found connecting to any +12v constant works fine so long as the car starts quickly - which a VR4 does :) - as for the handbrake, i tried removing the cup holders and they just woudnt come out, so i connected it to the mirror folding switch instead - mirrors out, handbrake off, mirrors in, handbreak on :)

pitslayer
11-03-2009, 11:42 AM
you need to remove the plastic bit which holds the cups in, press it and it comes up makes a seperator, remove that firs,t then pul the cup holder out
mirrors work, though, if it were me I would have got it fitten proffesionally so it can be properly recognised by insurance company as a cat 1 etc

Piers1989
11-03-2009, 03:30 PM
It was going to cost over £150 for fitting (more than the alarm) and its not a thatcam certified system (the reason its cheaper than the rest). Even if i did get a thatcam alarm done professionally i checked and it would have taken i think it was 7 and a bit years before breakeven on the cost of having it fitted :P