PDA

View Full Version : few lil questions

W4dey
12-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Firstly am i right in thinking, that if i buy rear lights from america they wont be uk legal?

2. has anyone had any experience with skunk2 coilovers?

3. im looking to upgrade the wheels shortly from stock 15s to 18s, will this affect my speedo readout? if yes how easy is it to sort out?

any help greatly appreciated cheers

Kieran
12-03-2009, 04:16 PM
The lights are unlikely to be E-Marked and you may need, depending on the configuration, to rewire them so that your indicators flash orange. As for legality... I'm not sure. I know bulbs have to have E-marks, but not sure about lenses.

Shocks - Skunk2... Not heard of them BUT they sound american? Be careful if that's true, as the US-Spec 8G Galant does use a different strut assembly at the front - US springs won't fit Euro/Jap cars.

Wheels - Have a search around, lots of wheel/tyre threads. :)

martin_y
12-03-2009, 06:28 PM
if you keep the overall circumference of your tyres the same, the wheels make no difference.

W4dey
12-03-2009, 06:42 PM
cheers for da feedback , awaiting email from a very helpful us site about the lights at mo so will see if they will come back with a deff answer. will have a look at wheels section later on :)

my car aint jap import from what i can tellfrom paperwork , so dunno if that will make it us spec or not , will ask a garage 2 have a look at stds and then get the actual company to work out if they will work :)

cheers 4 the advice so far :) very useful

bradc
13-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Euro=Jap, it is only the US market versions that have different suspension.