PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem , help me

vr4-fan
16-03-2009, 02:41 PM
my car has a problem in the transmission, not c that happens to him, when there the change of 4ta to 5ta, the car trembles, which(who) your you believe that it is the problem? Only this happens when I go in highway , and when pass the shift 2200 rpm , when pass in 3000 rpm not happen

elnevio
16-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Are you doing about 70 kmh or so when this happens?

If so, this *could* be the torque converter. This is not an uncommon problem, and a search of the site should reap dividends.

miller
16-03-2009, 03:18 PM
It sounds like mine was when i first bought it. Needs an oil change badly! Amsoil it now!

Mine has been perfect ever since

Mike

pitslayer
16-03-2009, 03:59 PM
It sounds like mine was when i first bought it. Needs an oil change badly! Amsoil it now!

Mine has been perfect ever since

Mike
Sure that wasnt your turbos going?

Agree with both the above, would get an oil change done asap on it, with AMsoil or mitsi dia-queen sp3, or as Miller excellently found out the Hyundai SP3 ATF fluid :D

vr4-fan
16-03-2009, 06:07 PM
so , you thniks is need a oil change???

vr4-fan
16-03-2009, 06:07 PM
the problem is only a higway , in the city not happen , I think is the transmision get hot

Subaru ETA
17-03-2009, 10:25 PM
just change the oil before the problem becomes more expensive!

Turbo_Steve
18-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Definitely: Change the oil immediately: If you leave it then your gearbox may break.

Also..not sure which country you're in, but if it's a hot one, it might be worth fitting a transmission cooler.

fluffnik
18-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Also..not sure which country you're in, but if it's a hot one, it might be worth fitting a transmission cooler.

I live in Sunny Scotland and I'm fitting a transmission cooler... :)

The stock cooler, embedded in the radiator seems to be marginal in warm climates, hilly areas and tracks - fitting an additional cooler between the hot side of the gearbox and the stock cooler seems to be an inexpensive way to preserve ATF condition and hence boost gearbox reliability.

vr4-fan
18-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Definitely: Change the oil immediately: If you leave it then your gearbox may break.

whis oil you recomend me???

elnevio
18-03-2009, 09:10 PM
If you can get it - Amsoil ATF is best.

Alternatively, Mitsubishi's own SPIII, or any other automatic transmission fluid that meets the Mitsubishi SPIII standard.

vr4-fan
18-03-2009, 09:42 PM
If you can get it - Amsoil ATF is best.

Alternatively, Mitsubishi's own SPIII, or any other automatic transmission fluid that meets the Mitsubishi SPIII standard.

please seach me , some pic for see the botle

Subaru ETA
18-03-2009, 10:12 PM
do a search for amsoil

elnevio
18-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Looks like getting hold of it in DR is not easy!

http://dr1.com/forums/living/65533-need-sp-iii-compatible-transmission-fluid.html

This is the Amsoil stuff: http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

fluffnik
19-03-2009, 12:48 AM
please seach me , some pic for see the botle

Do you have Hyundai in the DR?

Their SP3 ATF is identical to Mitsubishi's SP3.

Do not use Dexron!

vr4-fan
19-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Do you have Hyundai in the DR?

Their SP3 ATF is identical to Mitsubishi's SP3.

Do not use Dexron!

yeas we have , I going to buy Amsoil this is the best oil , how many quart I have to buy???

p.d thanks for the links . all you are very friendly :)

Ryan
20-03-2009, 06:22 AM
To perform a full AT flush, you probably need about 15 litres or ~ 16 quarts

thinking:o)
20-03-2009, 03:58 PM
To perform a full AT flush, you probably need about 15 litres or ~ 16 quarts

Are you sure thats not 1 . 5 litres? Sounds like a lot!

Turbo_Steve
20-03-2009, 04:04 PM
It's a big gearbox, and yes, that's about the right amount. And yes, it's expensive.

What is often suggested is that if the stuff in there has gone dark brown, then it's worth flushing the box with some cheap ATF to shift all the gunge, and then re-flush with the decent Amsoil.....though I am by no means an expert on best practice with these gearboxes.

peter thomson
20-03-2009, 04:04 PM

No you need 12 to 15 litres to fully flush the autobox

20-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Ouch, was thinking of getting one of these beasts, think i'll try and track downa mannual, auto box seems a lot of trouble now they're getting on a bit...

elnevio
20-03-2009, 04:30 PM
My last flush and change was about 12.5 litres. The AYC (diff and actuators) take about 1.3 litres of ATF in total - maybe that was what you were thinking of?

Ouch, was thinking of getting one of these beasts, think i'll try and track downa mannual, auto box seems a lot of trouble now they're getting on a bit...
Yes, manuals are bullet-proof, but the autos are still fantastic if properly maintained. :happy:

20-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Cheers Elnevie :O) Still in the early stages at the mo, but have seena nice looking mannual for sale locally, may go for it if i can get the insurance downa bit and it all checks out :oD

Subaru ETA
21-03-2009, 10:34 AM

eerrr any car with an auto trans takes about 12L to flush it! its not just the oil in the pan you are replacing either, its also the oil in the torque convertor.

any no the manuals are not bullet proof :thinking:

AlanDITD
21-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Mine needs a flush in a few hundred miles, I phoned hyundai and FYI 15 litres of their SP3 i was quoted £63.50 :)

vr4-fan
21-03-2009, 07:23 PM
the problem is when the car hot , the transmision get hot ,

Turbo_Steve
22-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Then the oil is probably way past it's best.

You must check it's colour.
It should also be changed anyway: the symptoms you are having idicates damage to the oil.

It's almost definitely worth fitting a transmission cooler.

vr4-fan
22-03-2009, 05:37 PM
when I can buy a transmission cooler , for this car??? send me a links for see an buy

vr4-fan
22-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Then the oil is probably way past it's best.

You must check it's colour.
It should also be changed anyway: the symptoms you are having idicates damage to the oil.

It's almost definitely worth fitting a transmission cooler.

I found a lot of transmission cooler , but I need the dimensions , please help me with the dimessions fit in my car , for buy

elnevio
22-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Have a read of this thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36695

You don't need a massive cooler, but as they mount to the front of the radiator, and are fixed using ties that go through the cooler and radiator, a variety of sizes will fit. In a nutshell though, eBay looks a good bet! :thumbsup:

amsoil
27-03-2009, 01:35 PM
No not quite. The problem is that you have a quite advanced ECU controlled gearbox and have broken old fluid in it. To work correctly the fuzzy logic in the ECU needs a fluid that will give the same frictional qualities on the clutches irrespective of temperature. Cheaper fluids and broken old fluid will have frictional variation with temperature and so confuse the ECU. You will also get clutch slip which will cause wear and additional heat which will further break the fluid, vicious circle time.

As has been said, change the fluid.

the problem is when the car hot , the transmision get hot ,

Turbo_Steve
27-03-2009, 04:03 PM
I've been looking at using a motorbike oil radiator behind the foglight: appears to be airflow between there and the wheelarch.

Something like GSXR cooler should be able to fit....though room is a bit tight, so the best bet is to mount it back towards the wheel, cut into the arch liner and fit some mesh, and a little plastic ducting to the foglight grille.

Wodjno
27-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Why not fit a remote cooler with thermo controlled fan ? not gotta worry about airflow then!

Fully
29-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I thought they do have one under the radiator?