PDA

View Full Version : ecu PFL and FL

alendil
22-03-2009, 07:40 PM
whats different on this ecu is FL going to fit my PFL legnum straight in and what that going to change
how much FL ecu can coast

bradc
22-03-2009, 07:43 PM
It fits straight in and normally sells for about UK100 pounds, NZ$200. I actually have one available at the moment, just going to confirm what chip it has in it, then I will post it up.

Wodjno
22-03-2009, 07:45 PM
whats different on this ecu is FL going to fit my PFL legnum straight in and what that going to change

Keithatport has a facelift ECU !

peter thomson
22-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Keithatport has a facelift ECU !

It's the gearbox ecu Glenn that Keith has not a spare engine ecu

Mr.Salas
23-03-2009, 05:25 AM
and whats the difference???

Turbo_Steve
23-03-2009, 04:31 PM
You need to do a search there as different people have had different experiences with gearbox & engine ECUs.

Generally, though, FLs seem to be an improvement, unless you're modifying the car, in which case it's not worth the expense.

Ryan
23-03-2009, 10:47 PM

If your car is manual transmission then no change. If your car is auto, the engine will want to stall and gear shifts will be a bit weird for the first few miles because it's relearning everything.

What I found when my car was standard, was that the FL ECU gave me a bit more power from 3000rpm onward - it was definitely noticeable but you get used to it very quickly.

As the others said, if you're going to modify it with boost controller, exhaust etc - don't bother.