PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tein suspension or similar

peter thomson
31-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I need to replace my daiyama coilovers as they are just not suited to the roads up here in Aberdeenshire and from what I have read about Teins they are what I want or something similar.
I am not interested in the BC racing or similar coilovers as I believe they are just going to be the same as the daiyama setup. Great on track but no use on the road.
Buying new is probably out of the question at the moment due to the exchange rate .I doubt there are any available but worth a try

AlanDITD
31-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey mate i know exactly what you mean with the roads they do my head in on standard suspension,

although if you sell your coileys ill be interested as i would accept the back braking pain for performance. would loose the 18's though and go for some more forgiving tyres.

peter thomson
31-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey mate i know exactly what you mean with the roads they do my head in on standard suspension,

although if you sell your coileys ill be interested as i would accept the back braking pain for performance. would loose the 18's though and go for some more forgiving tyres.

I'll let you know Alan. I would recommend a higher spring rate for the front. Rears are fine and I still have the EDFC kit which I have not fitted yet. Yes 17's would be better

AlanDITD
31-03-2009, 11:11 AM
What do you mean when you say a higher spring rate? Is that the ease that it compresses and decompresses etc??

I take it a higher rate means slightly softer?

I was always under the impression kits were off the shelf. so would appreciate if you could explain that bit :)

Cheers

peter thomson
31-03-2009, 11:17 AM
With the Daiyama setup you can choose the spring rate you want. NJ went for 16kg/mm for the front and 10kg/mm for the rear . His opinion was that it may be too hard and that a softer spring would be more suited to our roads. I went for 10 and 6 after speaking to the supplier. I found that this meant that to get a suitable ride height the spring has a lot of preload added. This means that there is very little travel for the spring /shock before it bottoms out. A higher spring rate would require less preload and less chance of it bottoming out

Wodjno
31-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I need to replace my daiyama coilovers as they are just not suited to the roads up here in Aberdeenshire and from what I have read about Teins they are what I want or something similar.
I am not interested in the BC racing or similar coilovers as I believe they are just going to be the same as the daiyama setup. Great on track but no use on the road.
Buying new is probably out of the question at the moment due to the exchange rate .I doubt there are any available but worth a try.

Leave it with me /yes

peter thomson
31-03-2009, 02:13 PM

Leave it with me /yes

:happy:

fluffnik
31-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Would higher rate, and perhaps longer, springs for your current setup not be a fix?

peter thomson
01-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Would higher rate, and perhaps longer, springs for your current setup not be a fix?

It would help but I want the option to have the car sitting a bit higher.

elnevio
01-04-2009, 08:11 AM
You know you want to make it a low-rider! Plenty of room in the back for all the pneumatics!! :P

peter thomson
01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
You know you want to make it a low-rider! Plenty of room in the back for all the pneumatics!! :P

air suspension. hmmm.

Kieran
01-04-2009, 03:17 PM
air suspension. hmmm.

An idea I always wanted to try if I had lots of spare cash.... There's a kit that fits the 2G Eclipse and.... Well, I would have tried if I could risk flushing £2k down the bog!

david
01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
i have a new set of tein basic coilovers,never been fitted.

peter thomson
07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Sorted now and a bump for the set David has.

AlanDITD
07-04-2009, 11:09 AM
well question to both of you then, peter are you selling the coilovers still?

And david how much are you looking for, for the teins?

peter thomson
07-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Yes my old ones will be for sale but i would advise fitting a higher rated front spring and the price will reflect this.

well question to both of you then, peter are you selling the coilovers still?

And david how much are you looking for, for the teins?

AlanDITD
07-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Yes my old ones will be for sale but i would advise fitting a higher rated front spring and the price will reflect this.

Rough price of what you want for them? I have a certain ammount of money i can spend so let me know Via PM and if its the same as i have to spend ill just take them off you mate.

peter thomson
07-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Rough price of what you want for them? I have a certain ammount of money i can spend so let me know Via PM and if its the same as i have to spend ill just take them off you mate.

I'll be in touch Alan once I know they are off the car and all fine

AlanDITD
07-04-2009, 03:01 PM
I'll be in touch Alan once I know they are off the car and all fine

Ok peter,

thanks mate